Can someone from Fractal Audio confirm AXE III isn't around the corner?

Sidius

Its typical. Every time I've bought something, be it a computer or cell phone or whatever, the new model comes out the next month...Just bought the AXE II. Please tell me there wont be third (technically fourth) generation Axe anytime soon :p PLEASE!!:roll

A cheaper model may not be too far behind the corner, but for all we know it may not even include any or many amps.

Cliff is already saying all models nail it like 100%, so what's there to be scared of anyway?

His worry may be more how he will ever sell an Axe III, but luckily there are many fan boys, or loyal customers who may buy it out of thanks alone. And stand back if he would get any more epiphanies! ;)

It seems a bit new in the product cycle for a III to exist. The II is becoming more wonderful all the time and with V7 some kind of magical threshold was crossed. I'm totally blown out by the sounds and the feel that V7 brought.

You just made one of the best decisions of your playing life with regard to gear. I save $ all the time by owning a II. I don't buy any more amps now and rarely buy pedals (have bought POG2 and Freeze in last year). I also don't wonder about what great tone is over the rainbow, particularly after V7. It's in my hands now (or not;-)

It seems a bit new in the product cycle for a III to exist. The II is becoming more wonderful all the time and with V7 some kind of magical threshold was crossed. I'm totally blown out by the sounds and the feel that V7 brought.

My sentiments exactly... the in hand feel/in hand dynamics are astounding with what V.7 brought... among everything else. Sidius, you're not going to regret this purchase.

Maybe the Axe 3 will be a Transformer-like device that will not only change amp model, but will physically transform itself into the amp that you're playing! It'll have a coffee maker, sunglasses polisher, and when you turn it off, will transform itself in to a Porsche 911 with an authentic model (walking and talking, obviously!) of Scarlett Johanssen in the passenger seat....

I need my pills..... :D

On a slightly serious note, I can't really see where it can go though. Maybe faster chips and larger banks to hold more models, a better GUI, but on the modelling side... I've gotta say, I can't see it getting better.

Two years is a long time. Anything can & will happen in the modeling/matching/profiling world at anytime before that, but Cliff is a competitive mofo so he will adjust accordingly!!

The Axe-Fx II is way more powerful than anything else out there. The Pods are using SHARCs, 300 MHz in the HD500 IIRC. The KPA is using a 200 MHz fixed-point DSPB56720. The closest is the 11R which has two floating-point TI DSPs (I don't remember the speed, I think they're 250 MHz). The Axe-Fx II has two 600 MHz dual-core TigerSHARCs.

The Axe-Fx II is way more powerful than anything else out there. The Pods are using SHARCs, 300 MHz in the HD500 IIRC. The KPA is using a 200 MHz fixed-point DSPB56720. The closest is the 11R which has two floating-point TI DSPs (I don't remember the speed, I think they're 250 MHz). The Axe-Fx II has two 600 MHz dual-core TigerSHARCs.

Obviously it's the good driver behind the wheel, that will win the races, but if the car doesn't have a powerful engine, even the best drivers can't win the race. :) Glad to see the Axe II has a powerful "stereo" engine that can run for a long time with just firmware upgrades..

Its typical. Every time I've bought something, be it a computer or cell phone or whatever, the new model comes out the next month...Just bought the AXE II. Please tell me there wont be third (technically fourth) generation Axe anytime soon :p PLEASE!!:roll

No.

Rant to ensue:

1. The Axe II is more advanced than anything out there. This reminds me of the whole 'processor wars' of the 90's. Every day someone would advertise 'NEW SPEED ADVANCEMENTS! BUY BUY BUY!' But bus speeds, amount of memory, and lack of proper application tuning meant that all you were buying was hype (and WAY more expensive hype at that.) The MAC's at that time had significantly slower CPU clocked speeds, but they were MUCH faster because they put the whole package together in a less haphazard (i.e. M$) way.

2. How do people think that a company would tell you 'don't buy the thing we have out now, because in 6 months, something different will come out!' Come on folks.

3. 99% of people don't use the full power of the Axe II NOW. Somehow latest and greatest is what you NEED?

4. If you haven't tried the Axe-FX II yet, then how the hell do you know what this is all about? It's like ordering a 200 watt head to play coffee houses because it's the 'newest', not 'what I need'.

Rant over.

Sorry. I tire of the 'can I see Fractal's business plan?' questions. Decide what you need, and get it. Hand wringing endlessly will only take away from the point of gear...JUST PLAYING.

Ron

Back
Top Bottom