Can someone explain how to use my Ernie Ball VP JR with axe fx ultra?

Oliver Clark

So i just got an Ernie Ball VP JR and i want to hook it up as an expression/volume pedal that i can assign to control a volume block and, at times, maybe other parameters. I know its a volume pedal and i should get an expression but im not fussed as long as it can be used. I have a TRS cable on the way and i just want to know where on the ultra i need to plug the IN and OUT on the pedal to and how to assign it.
THANKS

You'll need an "insert" cable, which is a Y cable with a TRS plug on one end and two mono TS plugs on the other end. The TRS side plugs into the Pedal 1 jack on your Ultra. The other pend gets plugged into the in and out jjacks on your EB pedal. I don't remember which goes to which, but there are only two ways to do it, so you have a 100% chance of getting it right in two tries. :)

To configure it, edit your Volume/Pan block, navigate to the Volume parameter, and hit ENTER to bring up the modifier menu. Select PEDAL1 as the source.

You'll need an "insert" cable, which is a Y cable with a TRS plug on one end and two mono TS plugs on the other end. The TRS side plugs into the Pedal 1 jack on your Ultra. The other pend gets plugged into the in and out jjacks on your EB pedal. I don't remember which goes to which, but there are only two ways to do it, so you have a 100% chance of getting it right in two tries. :)

To configure it, edit your Volume/Pan block, navigate to the Volume parameter, and hit ENTER to bring up the modifier menu. Select PEDAL1 as the source.

Thanks loads man. Exactly the explanation i needed!

Back
Top Bottom