Can somebody dial in a cool Satch patch with fw 12 please?

Stringmanipulator

Power User
Just wanting some more recent satriani patches,
maybe someone that knows how to dial it in can post a couple
of lead / rhythm patches ?

I would do it myself if I knew what I was doin'

:)

thanks in advance and have a good one

Maybe suggestions then? which amp and what cabs would you guys start with?

please, trying to learn more about dialing in sounds

I'm not really sure what he's using these days, but I would suggest a Friedman or Marshall (Brit JVM - I know he was using a modded version of the JVM410) into a 4x12 loaded with 25W Celestions (factory #61)

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/attac...boogie-axe-fx-2-szeryk-lead-satch-boogie-.syx

Here's a pretty cool lead patch from forum user guitarzanproductions - don't know what firmware this was for, but take a look at what he's done.

Thank you very much guys, I tried the
BritJVM410 variations, because I do believe that's what he uses now,
but I do not know where to start tweaking it :)

And I do not know enough about all those different amps and cabs to
know where to start.

I would like to build a patch with some typical " Satch " sounds incorporated
with my mfc and 2 m.e pedals

a good lead sound, a wah, maybe dual delays like he usually use, some whammy, volume pedal, and an octavier effect
I figure that would pretty much cover the songs I am "capable" of playing .. (everything is relative .. right? .. lol)

So that's why I am reaching out to you ladies and gents, because I know there's so much knowledge on this forum
it would reach to the moon and back.

The patches already present on the axechange are great, it's just I feel there has been so many improvements
with the last couple of fw 's that it might be worth to update such a patch .. but then again what do I know??

LOL

well thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, any help are greatly appreciated

I saw Satriani on his tour a couple months ago. Joe's most recent rig consists of a Marshall JVM410JS, which is his signature model. It's based on the JVM410, and Joe has replaced the built-in reverb with noise gates on each channel. He has also modded the tone circuits, but you can get very close using the JVM410. He uses a stock Marshall 1960B cabinet which has Celestion G12T-75 speakers. So, start with this amp and cab, then tweak.

Joe had 6 presets that he used with his amp. The JVM has 4 channels, and each channel has a selectable Green, Orange, and Red mode:
1. Clean Channel (not sure which mode)
2. Crunch Green
3. Crunch Red
4. OD-1 Green
5. OD-2 Red (with mids scooped)
6. OD-1 Red

He did not have any drive/boost pedals. Only Delays (Vox Time Machine and Boss DM-3), Ibanez FL9, Micro POG, and a Whammy.

here's mine. i've simplified it by removing all the external controllers that i use for controlling things like volume, wah, whammy and turning individual blocks on and off etc

it just has one amp and is really only good for lead. you could add another clean/crunchy amp if you wanted and then have 4 "channels" with X/Y

it has univibe, wah, whammy, octave drive and two delays

the PEQ block is there to try and mimic the two resonant peaks found in his Fred pickup. if you already have one of these in your guitar, then bypass or remove this block

the patch is ok. it's nice to play. whether it satchurates or not, i dunno. i don't think you can really nail his tone without the Fred pickup, imo

if you like it and you want to develop it with more amps etc, then let us know

Attachments

• Satch.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
here's mine. i've simplified it by removing all the external controllers that i use for controlling things like volume, wah, whammy and turning individual blocks on and off etc

That's the one I was originally trying to find! Awesome work with that one simeon! :)

That's the one I was originally trying to find! Awesome work with that one simeon! :)

you'll need to change the bypass mode on the pitch shifter, if you leave it where it is in parallel - change it to "mute"

i've updated the patch, so it's inline. i originally had a mixer block controlling whether the input came from the wah or the whammy, but i removed it, because it was controlled by an external switch. i could then control the wah and the whammy from a single external pedal

This one has a few good tips:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-recordings/60505-old-satriani-sound.html

On fw6 the JVM got me right into the vibe w. my guitars. Now it seems I would have to tweak more...

If we still have preset 247 Track Wah, I found that having usable elements (the expressive autowah thing?).

We still don't have a DS-1 (though his is modded anyway)...
In the first link I gave, someone said the tube drive comes closest.

it just has one amp and is really only good for lead. you could add another clean/crunchy amp if you wanted and then have 4 "channels" with X/Y

it has univibe, wah, whammy, octave drive and two delays

the PEQ block is there to try and mimic the two resonant peaks found in his Fred pickup. if you already have one of these in your guitar, then bypass or remove this block

the patch is ok. it's nice to play. whether it satchurates or not, i dunno. i don't think you can really nail his tone without the Fred pickup, imo

if you like it and you want to develop it with more amps etc, then let us know

Thanks man!! I loved that patch it sounds really good :)
I really appreciate it .. I'm gonna have a ball with this ..

I've got Mo Joe and PAF Joe in my RG so it sounds great ..
I will share if I come up with something that make sense, but it's already great

Back
Top Bottom