Can I use the FX 8 into the front of a clean amp...

cyberk9

Inspired
Can I use the FX 8 into the front of a clean amp...I have never been a fan of the 4 cable method more cables to dink with the more things can go wrong....I'm a keep it simple on stage kind of guy.lord knows I've had issues in the middle of a song and 4 cables would have me swearing like a sailor.....so if the FX 8 has all the effects plus drives that the Axe FX 2 does and I can use it into a clean amp I'm all in...

You might not get the entire capabilities of the Fx8 such as delays and reverbs wich usualy goes in the amps loop...

Thanks for the quick reponse.....I have a Nova System which is one of the best sounding multi effects units I've ever had .and to me it is the best of the best...I run it straight into the front...you just have to dial back the delays and reverb,to get them to work in the front of an amp...i use pedals for my drive so it works for me...I have never really liked the way effects loops sound....

Reactions: LVC
i use my axe fx II in front of my redplate blackloop as an effects unit and it works great. the FX8 should sound just as good

You might not get the entire capabilities of the Fx8 such as delays and reverbs wich usualy goes in the amps loop...

delay and reverb in front of a clean amp should pretty much sound the same as if they were in post. it's usually distortion that messes up the sound of time-based effects, too many harmonics, etc.

delay and reverb in front of a clean amp should pretty much sound the same as if they were in post. it's usually distortion that messes up the sound of time-based effects, too many harmonics, etc.

Bingo. What's bad is having distortion after delay, whether it's amp-based distortion or pedal-based distortion. Distorting a delayed sound = (usually) bad; delaying a distorted sound = (usually) desirable.

From what it seems, running an FX8 in the front of a clean amp should be no different than running a pedalboard in front of a clean amp, so long as you're aware of pedal order and the effect it can have on the sound.

From what it seems, running an FX8 in the front of a clean amp should be no different than running a pedalboard in front of a clean amp, so long as you're aware of pedal order and the effect it can have on the sound.

exactly correct

Back
Top Bottom