Can I use my Guitar and a dynamic Microphone together w/USB connection???

Ozz Guitar

Hey guys,
I stuck at my home without an Interface :(
I am using my laptop with my Axe Fx 3 via USB connection and I get my desktop sound and my guitar together without any problem.
For my online lessons, I would like to use my dynamic microphone SM7B but couldn't figure that out.
I used Input 1 for my guitar and Input 2 for my microphone and set a preset but didn't work...

Is it possible???
Thanks a lot.

Hey guys,
I stuck at my home without an Interface :(
I am using my laptop with my Axe Fx 3 via USB connection and I get my desktop sound and my guitar together without any problem.
For my online lessons, I would like to use my dynamic microphone SM7B but couldn't figure that out.
I used Input 1 for my guitar and Input 2 for my microphone and set a preset but didn't work...

Is it possible???
Thanks a lot.
The microphone will not work without a preamp before the III input.

An SM7b needs 40-60 dB of gain to get to a useful level. You could apply that within the III. It might be a bit noisy, but it should work.

I’m using a dynamic mic no need a phontom power think like a bass guitar... I can see from input Led is responding but not hearing it :(
Am I wrong?
Thanks

It isn't a question of phantom power at all. A microphone needs to be feed into an appropriate impedance and A LOT of gain. A microphone pre-amp is REQUIRED and is not part of the design specification of the Axe-FX units.

Back
Top Bottom