Can I use input 2 for my iPad?

bulgmaf

Inspired
I'd like to input my iPad into the AxeFx III so that I can play along with backing tracks, etc. I don't want to give up the Axe Edit USB connection to my Windows laptop, so cabling the iPad to the Axe via USB is not going to be an option for me. I'd like to use input 2 on the back of the Axe in this manner:

iPad > cable that splits the 1/8" stereo iPad signal into L and R XLR > input 2 XLRs on the back of the Axe Fx III.

I already have this cable.

After having tried, I have no iPad sound in the Axe's headphone jack (tied to output 1).

1) What do I have to do in the I/O page of Setup in order to hear iPad audio in output 1 (in addition to my guitar signal)?

2) Do I need to do something with input and output blocks in the signal chain of all my presets in order to get this to work? (I sure hope not - that would be a lot of work). As they currently are, all my presets are pretty simple, using just input 1 and output 1 blocks in addition to basic amp, cab, etc.

Just get a USB-B to lightning cable. The audio will automatically be routed through your Axe-FX. No need to add any blocks to the grid.

I'd like to input my iPad into the AxeFx III so that I can play along with backing tracks, etc. I don't want to give up the Axe Edit USB connection to my Windows laptop, so cabling the iPad to the Axe via USB is not going to be an option for me. I'd like to use input 2 on the back of the Axe in this manner:

iPad > cable that splits the 1/8" stereo iPad signal into L and R XLR > input 2 XLRs on the back of the Axe Fx III.

I already have this cable.

After having tried, I have no iPad sound in the Axe's headphone jack (tied to output 1).

1) What do I have to do in the I/O page of Setup in order to hear iPad audio in output 1 (in addition to my guitar signal)?

2) Do I need to do something with input and output blocks in the signal chain of all my presets in order to get this to work? (I sure hope not - that would be a lot of work). As they currently are, all my presets are pretty simple, using just input 1 and output 1 blocks in addition to basic amp, cab, etc.
Why not stream the music from your laptop?

Back
Top Bottom