Can I use an MFC-101 Mk III to control the Axe III?

Random Hero

Inspired
I've seen quite a few tutorial videos featuring an MFC and an Axe III but I'm not clear if the Mk III can do it?

I know there are limitations but does anybody have an answer?

Ok cool. Is there any disadvantage to using this compared to say a Voes MX18?
The MFC has no built in compatibility for the Axe III other than generic midi control & was quite a bit of work to get it working. I've got everything I need except tuner & preset name display on the MFC but I can live without that. (preset selection, scene selection for 5 scenes, volume inc/dec. In reveal mode, I can access the tuner & control the looper) There is this add on device a forum member is making that allows that to work but I have not tried it yet: https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/totalsync-and-more-with-mfc-101-and-axe-fx-3.142325/

The Voes does have specific Axe III compatibility:

32-39. AFX3–PRESET, AFX3–SCENE, AFX3–SCENE A/B, AFX3–FX BLOCK, AFX3–CHANNEL, AFX3–LOOPER, AFX3–TUNER AND AFX3–TEMPO
Special commands to sync with the Axe-Fx III™.
MX will show Preset Name, Scene Name, Block On/Off state, Channel state and Tuner info on the LCD.

I don't have any experience with Voes but if I didn't already have the MFC up & running, I would look into one of these.

Back
Top Bottom