Can I run the FM9 as a pedalboard to my amp and switch it to run amps to a monitor?

cjsigmund

Can I run the FM9 as a pedalboard to my amp and switch it to run amps to a monitor?

I hope this makes sense.

I really like my Dr Z Lux and would like to use the FM9 as a pedalboard for it.

At the same time I would like to connect the FM9 to a monitor and use it in it's entirety.

Is this possible? Would I manually have to make/move the connections?

Thanks

The manual has a section on various configurations. Start there.

You might have a problem with your idea, because running to a monitor implies using power-amp and cabinet modeling, like you would with a FRFR cabinet, but running into the front or effects loop return of a regular tube amp typically means turning off power-amp modeling and usually not using cabinet modeling.

You could take a tap ahead of a CAB block to run to the OUT block going to the Dr. Z, but the power-amp modeling is a global setting and would affect the sound of both outputs.

The best thing you can do is try one of the configurations in the manual and see how it sounds. If you like it then use it.

Yessir. Would be pretty simple to have only effects go to output 1 and split to an amp and cab block going to output 2.

Yeah you could split the signal before any amp/cab model and send one line to an output (which goes to your amp), and the other line to an amp model and cab and send that output to your monitors. You can have this setup to do both at the same time or to switch between them (there are multiple ways to do that).

Back
Top Bottom