Can I run my axefx 2 through a passive Behringer PMX2000 PA system? I don’t want to risk blowing it

TylerM93

i’m sharing a band room with some buddies and we’ve already had some issues blowing fuses with our last PA system (which was notably more demanding). I just want to be sure running my AxeFx2 XL won’t run any risk of blowing the PA speakers, and also vice versa. I know this PA system is passive and not the best on the market. Any feed back I could pass on to the owner of the PA system would be helpful. The Axe is connected to a furman power conditioner.

There is no risk.
Go into inputs 7/8 using quarter-inch cables.
Keep the main out on your unit at a fairly low level. Start with the PA output set where you wat it for your vocals. Bring up the Axe channel slowly to desired level. That’s it. There is no risk to your Axe.

I’d be more concerned with the electrical install at your rehearsal space.

Also someone has to read the manual for your PA and understand it so you guys can be happy with it.

Indeed, there is no risk.

The axefx doesn't draw as much power as the Behringer Powermixer, by far! If ya blow fuses, try switching on the devices one by one, instead of all at once, especially the devices which require more power!

You'll be fine. Just don't overload the channels and there will be no damage and there is zero risk from the connection to your Axe FX. The power in your place may not be the best so it might be a good idea to get the electrical system upgraded to modern standards since you are running musical equipment.

i’m sharing a band room with some buddies and we’ve already had some issues blowing fuses with our last PA system (which was notably more demanding). I just want to be sure running my AxeFx2 XL won’t run any risk of blowing the PA speakers, and also vice versa. I know this PA system is passive and not the best on the market. Any feed back I could pass on to the owner of the PA system would be helpful. The Axe is connected to a furman power conditioner.
Passive? The PMX2000 is a powered mixer, so I’m not sure why you’re using the word passive.

The only way to blow speakers on a PA system is to turn the mixer up too loud for what the speakers can handle. Or to plug an amplifier output into it, like another powered mixer speaker outputs, or a guitar amps speaker outputs.

The Axe-Fx is a line level output, the same as a keyboard or any other similar device. It’s not a lower amplifier. Use the Axe output knob within the range of 9 o clock to 3 o clock and you’ll be fine, though in my experience it will be closer to 9 o clock.

Back
Top Bottom