Can I record the 100% wet del/rev only via USB output and monitoring signal from USB before it hits Logic!?

Hi, two questions:
  1. Is there a way to split the Effects only sounds to a specific USB output? So that I can record the 100% wet Delay and Reverb signal to a separate track to the dry signal and (separately) the D.I. signal?
  2. I have an RME interface and the Axe FX III, I use TotalMix (RME software) to monitor audio before it goes to the DAW. But find myself having to use the analog outputs to monitor Axe FX III through TotalMix (by going from 1/4" jack out of the III to the RME), which is a shame given that the USB is already sending signal to the Mac. Is there a way of monitoring the USB input before it goes to the DAW, preferably using TotalMix (I assume that's impossible given that the signal never hits the RME).
Many thanks

Just add an output block to your preset that taps the signal after the amp/cab but before the effects. That gives you a dry signal you can record.

Are you saying you want to send a digital signal from the AxeFX to the Rme for monitoring? If so, use spdif for that.

If you run the effects in parallel (set mix to 100% and Bypass Mode to Mute In), you can route the effects blocks to a separate output and record those via USB (i.e., Out 2 goes to USB inputs 3/4 on the computer and will be wet only). See the attached image.

I think it would be possible to record wet, dry, DI and full mix all at the same time, although a little convoluted due to the AxeFX's direct USB constraints (can only use Out 1 and Out 2 directly for USB).
  • Full mix - Out 1 (USB 1/2) which you can also monitor
  • Wet only - Out 2 (USB 3/4) if you do parallel + tap like the attached image
  • DI - USB 5/6 which is automatic, no need for setup
  • Dry only - Not 100% sure, but I think you could put a separate tap before effects, route that to a different output (Out 3), then use a physical loopback cable from Out 3 to In 2/3/4. This allows you to use USB 7/8, which is restricted to one of Input 2, 3 or 4 (selectable in Setup). You would be going through the D/A and A/D converters, so it might be preferable to just re-amp the DI separately to get dry only

1609162805903.png

Back
Top Bottom