AFIII Can i record into this, with this?

PincoTech

Experienced
1.44mb DAW, with 1.44 mb of plug-ins lol. :tearsofjoy:

Where did the time go? :frowning:

How do i convert from parallel port to spiffy? :flushed:

Happy New Year!

Attachments

• IMG_0367.jpg
    IMG_0367.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_0366.jpg
    IMG_0366.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 36
I had the DOS version of Cakewalk. :)

I believe Cakewalk didn’t support audio until 1996 so you might want to upgrade :)
I also started with the DOS version of Cakewalk.

Of course it supported audio! I recorded a sync signal at one track of my 4-track tape recorder... bouncing tracks... punch recording with a DIY footswitch...😎

I believe that I was more creative then than now, with all this technology 😅

I had my uncles old Sinclair 48K Spectrum before I upgraded to the Commodore 64. Everyone else had a 486 at this stage!

Pfft ... 3,5" floppys. All that modern stuff. My first DAW was Steinberg Pro 16 on a Commodore 64. It came on prober 5 1/4" floppys.
Pffft Lol. 😂
I’m so old I got my hands on the very first personal computer.
Texas Instruments TX81Z
Cassette loading only
It never ever loaded the first time, and still took 5-15 minutes

It was my dad’s so I’m not THAT old yet help😬

I also started with the DOS version of Cakewalk.

Of course it supported audio! I recorded a sync signal at one track of my 4-track tape recorder... bouncing tracks... punch recording with a DIY footswitch...😎

I believe that I was more creative then than now, with all this technology 😅
Nice!

Cakewalk 4 was the first Audio version, and I was terribly excited using it. It had a lot of trouble with more than 2 tracks, but synced midi to audio, even if everything drifted.

Cakewalk 6 was the beginning of multitracking and RealAudio’s export to MP3. The Napster revolution. Pentium 4 days. The birth of Wave’s L1 Ultramaxizer, the same year yessss!!!!

Cakewalk 9 was getting serious and I did a lot of great multitrack mixes on that one, especially with a pentium 5 processor, and the SeagateBarracuda hard drive

Sonar was born shortly after that, and it was GREAT! It allowed control of 3 Alesis Adat Xt’s, via data sync, and full transport control w key bindings. Light pipe pci cards were mind blowing with that setup.

I gave up on Sonar when Scott Hendershott sold out to Gibson, and I was exhausted with constant PC instability.

Great memories of the distant past!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom