Can I program input sources into presets?

OllieTBTD

Hi folks,

My current live show (working on an Axe FX 2 XL+) requires me to use a cable for most songs, and then switch to different guitars which are on a wireless pack for others. I have a different preset for every song.

I'm currently manually swapping the two jacks (from the cable and radio receiver) in and out of the front panel (instr) input according to which source I need to come from.

Is there any way I can patch both sources in - ie cable into the front and radio receiver into the rear input 1, and program the axe's presets to take signal from the appropriate source? And what about issues with line level difference on the rear input?

Thanks!

It's possible with INSTR and rear input 1R, setting Input 1 Mode to stereo. A vol/pan block can be used as the first block in the grid to select L or R as input source.

There shouldn't be any real issue with wireless to rear input. Just set the input 1 level (2nd parameter on input level page) as described in manual. The same signal level as before will reach the grid.

Global pitch detection will only work on the front input with this setup. You can work around that in the pitch block by choosing local tracking (except for octave divider mode) but some things like synth and pitch as modifier source won't respond correctly to the rear 1R signal.

Ok thanks I'll try that setup it sounds like it will do the trick, if it does it saves me buying a seperate line switcher!

Just wondering, for the the occasional gig where I have to switch to solely cable or wireless for the whole show, will I be able to change the input mode back and just use the front panel input for all presets? (Given there are now different vol/pan block settings built into each preset?)

Just wondering, for the the occasional gig where I have to switch to solely cable or wireless for the whole show, will I be able to change the input mode back and just use the front panel input for all presets? (Given there are now different vol/pan block settings built into each preset?)

Yes, front instr. input would work through any of these presets if you set input 1 mode = left only.

Back
Top Bottom