Can I hot glue this crossover to my cab wall?

I try to stay away from hot-melt glue when I'm dealing with something that might get warm itself. Polyurethane glue will give you a stronger, more stable hold.

Depends on how heavy it is.

Personally I am a huge fan of t-nuts although I'm not sure of your cabinet/finish situation.

1/4"-20 T-Nuts 50 Pcs. 081-1075

It's one pound. I may do the T nuts though. I will want to put some kind of rubber washer on the bolt I think so it doesn't just sit flat against the cab and vibrate.

I was planning on just hot gluing the four corners and letting the glue act as the buffer.

Last edited:
It's one pound. I may do the T nuts though. I will want to put some kind of rubber washer on the bolt I think so it doesn't just sit flat against the cab and vibrate.

I was planning on just hot gluing the four corners and letting the glue act as the buffer.

There are already 4 thick rubber washers on the bottom of the crossover so you don't have to worry about anything else under it.... a t-nut situation will work best!

Eminence PXB2:2K5CX 2-Way Crossover Board 2,500 Hz 290-635

Can 1 crossover be used for two or more coaxial speakers?

Hot glue will work, but you would need to use a ton to keep it from breaking off... It will likely come off with after a few bumps. What about velcro?

Hot glue will work, but you would need to use a ton to keep it from breaking off... It will likely come off with after a few bumps. What about velcro?

Velcro was mentioned elsewhere but the T bolt thing will be the way I go.

I just screwed mine in with wood screws, relying on the spacers on the x/o itself. Worked (and is working) just fine. Cabs are MDF as well.

TT

Back
Top Bottom