Can I have OUT1L to monitor and OUT1R to FOH with independent volumes?

For example a Filter Block at the end of signal-chain and adjust with balance different volume outputs on L and R ?! Or easier: Just using the balance knobs on Output page... ?!

Not when using the front panel knobs for controlling volume.

But you can split Left and Right after the Amp block (and keep it that way along the grid) and use a Mixer block or whatever to set the separate volume levels for L and R. Maybe assign Quick Controls knobs C and D to the Level parameters in the Mixer to be able to control volume from the front panel.

Not when using the front panel knobs for controlling volume.

But you can split Left and Right after the Amp block (and keep it that way along the grid) and use a Mixer block or whatever to set the separate volume levels for L and R. Maybe assign Quick Controls knobs C and D to the Level parameters in the Mixer to be able to control volume from the front panel.

In that way the volume differences between the L and R will only be those allowed by the internal digital clipping right?.

I hope my english doesn't sound strange.

I'll have to try this. thank you

Yeks Suggestion is better i think .... because the possibility to connect to a "real knob" ... and yes: Both ways are limited by digitla clipping -> you have to turn up the analog output before - that way you should get more than enough "headroom" to prevent cliiping issues ...

BT, I've been running to FOH and stage FRFR for pretty much all of my Axe Fx time (coming up on 2 years now), using the method Simeon outlined. I use Out 1 for FOH and Out 2 for my stage monitor, set as Sim noted above. It works perfectly; I can send FOH a level to set my mixer channel gain by (which needs to not move thereafter) and have a volume knob to independently adjust my stage monitor without having to get on my hands and knees to find the monitor's own volume knob.

If you don't need both sends from Output 2 for another purpose, this is the fastest and easiest way to get the Outputs you're referring to here. It's a proven method, and works on the Ultra or II (and probably on the Standard, though I haven't personally owned one). Hope that helps!

output 2 is unbalanced, so you shouldn't convert those to xlr. the easiest way is to use the xlr's from out 1 to your monitors and then unbalanced ts cables from out 2 to the desk. i've always run this way and it's absolutely fine

yes, that's right. a balanced cable is like a stereo jack, with tip, ring and sleeve, or an xlr connector

if you look at an xlr, it's got 3 pins and these correspond to the tip, ring and sleeve on a stereo jack - one for earth and two for signal - one of which is phase reversed as it travels down the cable. when the two phase reversed signals join back together at the other end, the phase reversed one is switched back to normal phase - any noise introduced along the cable is then effectively nullified, because it has two versions of itself mixed together, but one is phase reversed and they cancel each other out.

thanks for that info simeon, I didn't know that.

Doesn't that mean that out2 is more prone to suffer from noise? that's what I'm afraid.

BT, I've been running to FOH and stage FRFR for pretty much all of my Axe Fx time (coming up on 2 years now), using the method Simeon outlined. I use Out 1 for FOH and Out 2 for my stage monitor, set as Sim noted above. It works perfectly; I can send FOH a level to set my mixer channel gain by (which needs to not move thereafter) and have a volume knob to independently adjust my stage monitor without having to get on my hands and knees to find the monitor's own volume knob.

If you don't need both sends from Output 2 for another purpose, this is the fastest and easiest way to get the Outputs you're referring to here. It's a proven method, and works on the Ultra or II (and probably on the Standard, though I haven't personally owned one). Hope that helps!

This is how I am set up as well. Makes it worm proof and keeps everything at your control.....and off your knees!

Back
Top Bottom