can i have a quick advice for a tone

Tonewicker

Inspired
i really like the tone in this video so i decided to dial it with the axe. firstly as i see that 5150 is a different model from whats inside the axe so i changed the power tubes to EL34 dialed the same settings in the video (you can see it its around 1:56) and im already %90 there i love it but im missing some of the grid/gain in the tone. that amp has more gain/bite than my tone so even when i increase the input gain to 8 or more im missing the grid there. as i said i know its a different model than the modeled version in the axe and im not pro when it comes to dial in the power amp page so can anyone give me an advice about what i might be missing there ?

Take the gain back down.
Try this: Reduce transformer match (e.g. ~0.8)
This is my go to parameter for adding to grit to an amp's distortion.

Take the gain back down.
Try this: Reduce transformer match (e.g. ~0.8)
This is my go to parameter for adding to grit to an amp's distortion.
can i hug you because now its GREAT!!! just the knob i was looking for :) i decreased it to 0.730 and now i turn back the input drive to 6 :)
thank you very much!

can i hug you because now its GREAT!!! just the knob i was looking for :) i decreased it to 0.730 and now i turn back the input drive to 6 :)
thank you very much!

You're welcome - it's one of the advanced settings I use frequently when the distortion is indistinct. I often go to ~0.7 but I wanted you to find your own value. :)

Back
Top Bottom