Can i get what i am dreaming of? 4 Amps + big pedalboard programmable with MFC?

Morphosis

Official G66 Support
Hi Axe II + MFC101 owners. Please help me finding out, if a still Axe Standard owner`s dream can come true:

After 2 years with the Standard i hate tweaking anything in my patches and have to copy it to many presets. I dream about ONE big preset within all i ever need! Fully programmable and switchable with the MFC101. With the grown horsepower and X/Y mode i ask myself: Can i switch beetween 4 Amps (with dedicated cabs) and also have a virtual pedalboard which fits all my needs for all songs and situations?

Attached a preset example for the Axe II. PLEASE: Can anybody of you Axe II owners load it shortly in your machine and give me response, if the machine have enough horsepower to run it? How much will be the cpu-load?

Second question: Let`s say i will select by MFC one of the 4 AMPs with dedicated cab. Attached a Excel shot with my thoughts how to route that and my thoughts to the midi controllers. Did i think right? Can i select ONE Amp and the MFC will show me by lighting (green) and the left 3 AMPS shwon me as OFF (red), or anything like this? If this will work, i think everything can be done?! Configurate all the IAs of this ONE preset by one click on the MFC for different songs?

Please help me to know ....

Last edited:
With the axe ii create global blocks. When you change an amp or delay or whatever in one patch, it changes the blocks in all other patches that are linked.

I have the same exact piezo/acoustic patch on row 1 of my 5 main presets and everything in that row (amp 2, multi-comp, enhancer, reverb) is global, so when I tweak patch one, 2-5 also are changed when I get there. Would that help your situation??

Hi Morphosis,
have you ever considered the Gordius Little Giant? From what I've read, its programmability is extreme, and you can do any sort of things. You can download the user manual as well. It might help you acchieve your goals :)

Thanks to chrisallen8888 and viabcroce. Well i knwo about the Global Blocks ,also want to have the ability using the CAT-Connection of the MFC (and lots of IA switches).

So please:
1) Anyone willing to give me short feedback, if the attached preset in the first post run on a AXe II ? At how much percentage CPU ?
2) Can i configure the MFC101 IAs in that way, that i engaged one, while three others show me "off"? To switch 4 Amps via IA and correspondend lightings on the IA switches of the MFC? So NO Preset changes!!!!

Does that work?

I know what he's asking, but I don't know the answer.

He's asking if you can have four amp settings in one patch (AMP1 X, AMP1 Y, AMP2 X, AMP2 Y) and if you can setup the MFC101 so that there are four I/A switches per patch, each representing one of the four amps in the patch.

So in other words, could you do something like this:

I/A switch 6 - AMP1 X
I/A switch 7 - AMP1 Y
I/A switch 8 - AMP2 X
I/A switch 9 - AMP2 Y

...and pressing any one of those switches would activate only that channel of that amp. So like if you pressed switch 9, AMP1 would bypass and AMP2's Y channel would activate. Then from there, pressing switch 8 would swap AMP2 to channel X, or pressing switch 6 would mute AMP2, then engage AMP1 and activate AMP1's channel X, etc.

Is that possible?

Last edited:
I think this will work: put Amp 1's bypass & XY CCs on two switches (each switch should send both CCs), do the same for Amp 2, swap XY CC on/off values on one switch per amp to get the Y state, group the IAs.

One switch each for X1/Y1/X2/Y2 is not possible on the MFC unless there has been an update that I'm not aware of. My Liquid-Foot Pro does it easily. So it's possible, just not with the MFC. Go check out www.famcmusic.com and have a look at the new LF+ series. I'll be upgrading my Pro to the + soon. Assignable 7 color LCD displays on every IA!!! No more labels thank you very much. If that's a bit elaborate go for the standard LF version which has assignable 7 color LEDs.

The preset you posted loads up and runs. I forgot to check the CPU usage when I tried it.

I have my MFC-101 set up with bypass amp 1 & amp 2 on separate switches, and another switch for x/y. This way I can have either amp or both, and select the x or y version with only three switches. Four switches would be amp1 bypass, amp2 bypass, amp 1 x/y, amp 2 x/y. You can link switches so that only one in a group is on at a time--see the "Switch Links" section in the MFC-101 manual on page 25.

Hope this helps,

Danny W.

One switch each for X1/Y1/X2/Y2 is not possible on the MFC unless there has been an update that I'm not aware of.

I'm pretty sure it actually is possible by doing what I described above. The "on" states would send these values:

Switch 1: Amp 1 Bypass 127, Amp 1 X/Y 127
Switch 2: Amp 1 Bypass 127, Amp 1 X/Y 0
Switch 3: Amp 2 Bypass 127, Amp 2 X/Y 127
Switch 4: Amp 2 Bypass 127, Amp 2 X/Y 0

And the off states would have 0 for amp bypasses, so by linking you bypass one amp when switching to the other. X/Y off values wouldn't really matter.

Along the same lines of the opening post... would it be possible to activate a kind of "pedal board" mode with the MCF-101, where the currently selected ON/OFF states for your effects retain their status through patch changes?

So like even if you have several patches saved with bypassed effects, if you activated an effect like delay in patch 1, can you make it so the delay block will automatically stay activated if you switch to patch 2?

Along the same lines of the opening post... would it be possible to activate a kind of "pedal board" mode with the MCF-101, where the currently selected ON/OFF states for your effects retain their status through patch changes?

So like even if you have several patches saved with bypassed effects, if you activated an effect like delay in patch 1, can you make it so the delay block will automatically stay activated if you switch to patch 2?

Yes, general use IA w/ global style on will do that. That can be set individually for any IA switch.

Yes, general use IA w/ global style on will do that. That can be set individually for any IA switch.

Well there you go. Setup all your effects to be the same across all your patches and boom. Infinite amps per "patch"!

But honestly I think being able to have 4 switchable amps with 4 corresponding I/A switches per patch would be way more cohesive and manageable.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom