Can i get opinions on this mix please?

justinjcm900

Inspired
Hey guys,

I wanted to share this track with you to be critiqued...

It's actually a track from my band's (now split up) EP that was released on iTunes.

I recorded all the drums, bass, guitars (all Axe-Fx of course) and vocals and did all the mixing and production.

Just wondered what you guys thought?

Cheers

Justin

Thank you for the comments guys!

I use Logic Pro 9...i've heard good things about Logic X though but i've never major reason to upgrade, everything works for me!

Cheers

Sounds great! My only comment would be that the vocals could come up a bit, or use some side-chain on the guitars to bring them down when the vocals are in. Otherwise, balance, pan, EQ all sound good.

Sounds great to me. I had to listen carefully to see what fractalz was talking about and I guess I understand what he means as the guitar riff is still pretty prominent while the vocal is going but personally I like it the way it is. I can easily hear and understand the lyrics but the guitar doesn't get buried either. Good work IMO.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

I take on board what you say about the vocals - at the time I made my best judgement and it might be the same if I were to remix it today but perhaps I would utilise automation a bit more.

Glad you like it though!

Justin

Back
Top Bottom