Can I do this? (footswitch question)

gdgross

Experienced
In my never-ending quest to simplify my presets and switches, I'd like to set up a footswitch in the following manner:

normal function controls amp input gain via a control switch

secondary function (0.5sec hold) changes the amp state from x to y and vise versa.

Here's the catch - I'd like the amp x/y state to stay the same regardless of which scene i may later change to. Can I set the scenes to basically ignore the amp x/y state and leave it alone?

Thanks!

In my never-ending quest to simplify my presets and switches, I'd like to set up a footswitch in the following manner:

normal function controls amp input gain via a control switch

secondary function (0.5sec hold) changes the amp state from x to y and vise versa.

Here's the catch - I'd like the amp x/y state to stay the same regardless of which scene i may later change to. Can I set the scenes to basically ignore the amp x/y state and leave it alone?

Thanks!
A control switch doesn’t have a 2nd Hold function. Only engage/bypass switches.

No, XY state cannot be “ignored” by Scenes.

Bummer, thanks!

Any chance of getting something like this in a future FW update?

I haven't worked with control switches that much... can a single switch be used to simulate a dual-channel amp? If Channel A is active, switch to Channel B. If Channel B is active, switch to Channel A without changing scenes.

The end goal is to always have an easy way to add more gain to whatever Scene I am in. I would prefer to use the amp gain versus a drive block. Is there another or easy way to do this?

I haven't worked with control switches that much... can a single switch be used to simulate a dual-channel amp? If Channel A is active, switch to Channel B. If Channel B is active, switch to Channel A without changing scenes.

The end goal is to always have an easy way to add more gain to whatever Scene I am in. I would prefer to use the amp gain versus a drive block. Is there another or easy way to do this?
This is an AX8 thread. Can you clarify what you mean by A & B?

Back
Top Bottom