• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Can I do this? (footswitch question)

gdgross

Veteran
In my never-ending quest to simplify my presets and switches, I'd like to set up a footswitch in the following manner:

normal function controls amp input gain via a control switch

secondary function (0.5sec hold) changes the amp state from x to y and vise versa.

Here's the catch - I'd like the amp x/y state to stay the same regardless of which scene i may later change to. Can I set the scenes to basically ignore the amp x/y state and leave it alone?

Thanks!

chris

Legend!
In my never-ending quest to simplify my presets and switches, I'd like to set up a footswitch in the following manner:

normal function controls amp input gain via a control switch

secondary function (0.5sec hold) changes the amp state from x to y and vise versa.

Here's the catch - I'd like the amp x/y state to stay the same regardless of which scene i may later change to. Can I set the scenes to basically ignore the amp x/y state and leave it alone?

Thanks!
A control switch doesn’t have a 2nd Hold function. Only engage/bypass switches.

No, XY state cannot be “ignored” by Scenes.

gdgross

Veteran

Bummer, thanks!

Any chance of getting something like this in a future FW update?

jamn4jc

Veteran

I haven't worked with control switches that much... can a single switch be used to simulate a dual-channel amp? If Channel A is active, switch to Channel B. If Channel B is active, switch to Channel A without changing scenes.

The end goal is to always have an easy way to add more gain to whatever Scene I am in. I would prefer to use the amp gain versus a drive block. Is there another or easy way to do this?

chris

Legend!
I haven't worked with control switches that much... can a single switch be used to simulate a dual-channel amp? If Channel A is active, switch to Channel B. If Channel B is active, switch to Channel A without changing scenes.

The end goal is to always have an easy way to add more gain to whatever Scene I am in. I would prefer to use the amp gain versus a drive block. Is there another or easy way to do this?
This is an AX8 thread. Can you clarify what you mean by A & B?

Top Bottom