Can I control total output volume using the EV-1 pedal?

SteelCurtis

Hello smart people, I am to looking for a way to add the Axe Fx II to my playing in a very controlled way. I want to be playing along without any effects--just a clean, powerful signal ... and then, every once in a while, swell all of the amazing effects (Axe Fx II presets) in and out of my playing at very specific times and at controllable levels. I've been reading on Fractal's Wiki and I couldn't find how to get specific control over the total output volume of the Axe Fx II and/or a 'global effects' control in this manner. I was wondering if anyone could guide me to my best option, and let me know if the EV1 expression/volume pedal is right pedal for the job.

Option 1: Control total volume output?
One option is to split my signal using a Lehle pedal. The first signal would be a clean signal directly into a mixer, and the second signal going to the Axe-Fx II. I could then control this second signal, using a volume pedal, before it goes to the mixer --- So I was wondering, is there a way that I can do like a 'global' volume control on the Axe Fx II using the EV1 pedal? Or, would I need to buy a volume pedal to control Axe Fx II's total output volume?

Option 2: Control total effects?
Another option, would be to play directly into the Axe Fx II. And, then try to set up a pedal to bring the entirety of the various presets and corresponding effects of the Axe Fx II in and out of my signal in a controlled way. Is there a way to do this 'global effects' swell using the EV1?

Thanks. I guess that's one option, to just throw an EV1 on the chain directly after the Axe Fx II output and use it as a volume pedal(?).

Do you know if option 2 could work somehow? -- I.e. playing along with strong clean signal going through the Axe Fx II, and then use the EV1 for a controlled 'global effects' or 'global presets' swell?

You can control volume digitally in many ways. Yes. Some are and aren’t global.

check out the owners manual.

Back
Top Bottom