Can I configure a switch so that turning on an effect shuts another off?

stegre1

That's the question. I have a normal reverb sound and a HUGE reverb sound.

Is there a way to program the AXE-FX II XL so that when I engage the huge reverb sound it will shut off the normal reverb sound, and the reverse

Use the same reverb block and switch from X to Y state.
You could also use scenes to change multiple blocks at once.

That's the question. I have a normal reverb sound and a HUGE reverb sound.

Is there a way to program the AXE-FX II XL so that when I engage the huge reverb sound it will shut off the normal reverb sound, and the reverse

Yes either with scenes or an external controller tied to the bypass state of both effects. you need to reverse the modifier curve on one of the blocks so that it starts at 100% and ends at 0%. Set bypass type to mute fx in or mute in, to preserve the tail. Not sure if using x/y preserves tails .

I would use a Bypass Modifier, set inversely. A General Use IA switch would be needed.

0 = Reverb 1 On, Reverb 2 Off
127 = Reverb 1 Off, Reverb 2 On

Using one of the external ctrls 1-12:
In the midi ctrl menu you see which midi cc number is related to which external ctrl.
Lets say it's ext 1 that you want to do the reverb job (you are free to choose which one). By factory default settings it is CC 16 IIRC. So you need to send cc #16 from the mfc to change the value (0-127) of ext 1.
This ext 1 keeps the received value until you send a different value or reboot the axe-fx. It will not get reset on preset changes.
Next is to edit the reverb block. Hit enter when on the mute parameter, that get's you to the modifier menu. There you select ext 1 as source.
Sounds complicated at firat but is fast and easy in reality. Just start editing.

Back
Top Bottom