Can I change the secondary (flash) display time on main display ?

MikeD

Inspired
This is easier with a quick scenario... On my FC I press the Bank Increment, the main display temporarily flashes the next bank numbers and the target preset name in the new bank, then goes back to regular display.

My question: Is it possible to change the length of time the main display flashes that message ? I'm finding the flashing message just a little too quick.

I've checked the manual and Forum but have not found any reference to this... likely because I didn't know what to call it.

Thanks

@BryantP while on this topic, would it be possible to implement scrolling via button hold, or is that not something that is possible by the FC UI? I have bank switch set up on button hold on my FC-6 , so if I want to go up and down by multiple banks I need to tap and hold the button multiple times. It might work better if I was able to just keep holding the button down, and after the display flash interval it advanced to the next bank if the button was still held.

@BryantP while on this topic, would it be possible to implement scrolling via button hold, or is that not something that is possible by the FC UI? I have bank switch set up on button hold on my FC-6 , so if I want to go up and down by multiple banks I need to tap and hold the button multiple times. It might work better if I was able to just keep holding the button down, and after the display flash interval it advanced to the next bank if the button was still held.
a potential issue would be having Bank Up on the tap function, and also some other Hold function on that same switch.

are you holding it now to change banks rapidly? or do you want the Hold function on that switch?

i believe this is a main reason a "hold to repeat" feature was not implemented anywhere, at least yet.

@BryantP I don't think anyone has put it on a wishlist so far. Since it seems like an entirely new type of UI interaction for the FC I figured I'd ask if if you guys are open to adding it in the first place.

@chris It would really only make sense if it was assigned to the hold function, since by definition you are holding it.

@chris It would really only make sense if it was assigned to the hold function, since by definition you are holding it.
i don't understand.

so if i put Bank Up on the Tap function with no other Hold function, you're saying it shouldn't repeat/scroll?

but if i put Bank Up on the Hold function, then it should repeat/scroll?

just trying to understand that statement.

Yes, sorry for the poor phrasing. I'm not sure if it would be worth having two different actions, "bank up" and "bank up with scroll", with the latter only being assignable to the hold function, or just make bank up scroll if assigned to hold.

if you guys are open to adding it in the first place.
Not entirely my call and I haven't investigated all the implications so I can't commit to anything. I say make it a wish and when we collect, evaluate, and prioritize then it'll be there. I do see how it could be useful.

Yes, sorry for the poor phrasing. I'm not sure if it would be worth having two different actions, "bank up" and "bank up with scroll", with the latter only being assignable to the hold function, or just make bank up scroll if assigned to hold.
i see.

darn i'd probably want the scroll option for a Tap command too. i know many who don't assign any Hold functions at all to prevent mistakes on the gig.

Back
Top Bottom