Can I chain AX8 to Axe FX II to switch tones? or do I need the Foot Controller?

I ask because I want to do some tone crafting with AXE FX II in the studio but I want to switch tones with ease. At the same time I would like to take my AX8 to live venues.

they don't connect in any special way. the AX8 can send out certain MIDI messages over a MIDI cable, that's all. so yes, the AX8 can change certain things on the Axe-Fx, but it's not a fully dedicated controller. typically just Preset changes.

they don't connect in any special way. the AX8 can send out certain MIDI messages over a MIDI cable, that's all. so yes, the AX8 can change certain things on the Axe-Fx, but it's not a fully dedicated controller. typically just Preset changes.

So the foot controller would be the ideal way to switch presets and so on if I had to bring my Axe Fx II to a live venue. Can the AX8 fulfill the need if need be? The dilemma I face is I don't want to fork out for a foot controller AND an AX8 if I can make the AX8 pair itself with the AxeII if needed. The next logical question is "why would you want to do that"? Well I would like to use the AX8 for live playing...but I would like to have the convenience of switching presets in the studio (which is connected to my AxeII unit) I feel like you are giving me the answer I am looking for. The caveat is it would seem I would be missing features. Correct?

By the way thanks for your answer.

Back
Top Bottom