• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Can I accomplish this with Scenes?

jw3571

Inspired
Dumb, question, i'm looking for a way(hopefully without a pedal) to switch between a clean sound and a distortion sound. From what I understand you can't use two different amps in scenes, is this correct? What's the easiest way to do this?

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
you can use two AMPS in one preset and switch them on/off between scenes (eg from clean to dirty/lead. dont forget set the bypass mode to mute

craiguitar

Power User
Yes that's right. I do this on a couple of presets for specific songs, where I toggle between scenes 1 & 2 for Clean & Dirty. An alternative to toggling between two presets.

kroubik

I think there are three ways:

1. Change the X/Y state of the amp block. Disadvantage is the transition may not be smooth if you need to do this mid song. Advantage is it is reasonably easy to set up.

2. Place two amp blocks in the preset and change their on/off state between scenes as mentioned above. Disadvantage is the extra CPU used, but again straight forward to set up.

3. Use science controllers to adjust the necessary parameters. Disadvantage is it takes longer to set up, but no CPU impact or gaps in transition.

Ken

barhrecords

Axe-Master
Without a pedal?

I would use a Wrecker, Dumble or Marshall and the volume knob on the guitar.

Lot's of amps cleanup well with the guitar volume but those three amp types came to mind first.

Top Bottom