Can Fractal units be used as a midi controller to trigger backing and click tracks on PC?

CNCMac

Hi all,
Like many, I've been on the FM9 waitlist for a while now and I'm trying to determine what other equipment I'm going to need to make this possible.

I would like to use a footswitch to trigger my tracks in reaper and after searching this forum, I can't determine if I can assign a switch on the FM9 to perform this functionality or if a separate dedicated midi controller is required. Pressing a button on the keyboard of the PC is not ideal.

This is for a one man show. I'd be using a separate channel for my click track (to my in-ear) so I can keep it out of the main mix.

Any suggestions on how this works on the FM9 or if you can recommend a 3rd party controller that will integrate easily?

It depends on the MIDI messages you need.
The CONTROL SWITCH footswitch function can transmit MIDI messages.
The Scene MIDI Block also allows each scene to transmit up to eight MIDI messages.

I do this to my iPhone running the app BandHelp. My #1 button long press on FC6, would be switch #1 on FM9 as well, I have a CS switch set to the hold function that sends a CC message which in turn triggers the selected song on my phone. Looks like Reaper should be able to do this no problem.

Note that you'll need a midi interface for your computer whether you use a midi foot controller or a Fractal unit to send midi to reaper -- the Fractals don't send scene midi block data over the usb connection.

Note that you'll need a midi interface for your computer whether you use a midi foot controller or a Fractal unit to send midi to reaper -- the Fractals don't send scene midi block data over the usb connection.
This is interesting. do you know if the control switch midi data is send over usb ?

Back
Top Bottom