Can FM3 handle this?

Chris Hurley

Power User
Perhaps someone that has one can build this preset and see if the FM3 has enough horsepower to pull it off.

What I'm basically looking for is a 4CM preset but with a little panning, send/return trickery to split OUT2 for two duties.

In the end, I'd like OUT 1 to be the stereo, cab sim FOH everything signal. I'd like to split OUT2 so that it feeds the input of my tube amp (normal 4cm) but I want to use panning so that I can use the other side of OUT2 to be a mono signal with no cab sim to feed the FX Return of my tube amp.

Thanks in advance.

(Yes, I know, the Axe-FX III can do this easily. I've got one.)

You should build the version that you think will run on an FM3 on your III. Then post the preset here for others to validate. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my FM3. It's in UPS's hands at the moment. :D

The routing shouldn't be a problem. And if you're using a real amp and not the amp block, that frees up the CPU quite a bit. So really it just comes down to how many effects and of what type you're trying to put in the patch.

So to answer my own question, "Yes, it can do this."

I've spent about an hour fiddling with FM3 edit hooked to my FM3 and there is enough horsepower to manage what I wanted to do.

The FM3 is a different experience than the Axe-FX products. It is like a puzzle to figure out how to cram in the things you want.

Thankfully, a LOT of interesting things are possible.

You should build the version that you think will run on an FM3 on your III. Then post the preset here for others to validate. Unfortunately, I'm still waiting for my FM3. It's in UPS's hands at the moment. :D
So to answer my own question, "Yes, it can do this."
I've spent about an hour fiddling with FM3 edit hooked to my FM3 and there is enough horsepower to manage what I wanted to do.
Apparently Chris has an FM3 to try it out himself

Back
Top Bottom