Can Axe-Fx 3 run stereo amp and cab sims to FOH and stereo cab sim to my on-stage setup

jimmy01

Hi guys

Apologies if this question exists elsewhere ...

Will Axe FX 3 solve the age old problem of running stereo amps and stereo cab sims to FOH but remove stereo cab sim to my on stage matrix and actual 4x4 cab.

Axe fx 2 it could only be done if you went down to one amp ... does axe fx 3 solve this problem?

cheers,
Jimmy

you can have two stereo cab blocks feeding 4 separate (stereo) outputs in most any config I believe. not exactly sure what you are asking though.

When I fly I run stereo into my 1 space Matrix stereo into rented Marshall cabs no sims, stereo to FOH w/sims, and stereo to my IEMs w/sims......... Life is good:cool:

Hi guys

Apologies if this question exists elsewhere ...

Will Axe FX 3 solve the age old problem of running stereo amps and stereo cab sims to FOH but remove stereo cab sim to my on stage matrix and actual 4x4 cab.

Axe fx 2 it could only be done if you went down to one amp ... does axe fx 3 solve this problem?

cheers,
Jimmy
I don’t understand why the Axe2 had an issue with this. Why does it need to go down to one amp?

When I fly I run stereo into my 1 space Matrix stereo into rented Marshall cabs no sims, stereo to FOH w/sims, and stereo to my IEMs w/sims......... Life is good:cool:
Hi rnjscooter
What you described sounds like what I'm trying to achieve, but with two amps on at the same time, one panned hard left, the other hard right.
Are you running two amps at once?
cheers,
Jimmy

I don’t understand why the Axe2 had an issue with this. Why does it need to go down to one amp?
Hi Chris
With the AxeFX 2 if you want to run two amps at once, one panned hard left, the other hard right... you really need to have 4 amps, two that go FOH with sims, two that go to on stage setup (no cab sim). Hope I'm making myself clearer ... and hoping the Axe Fx 3 can fix this problem I have?
cheers,
Jimmy

Hi rnjscooter
What you described sounds like what I'm trying to achieve, but with two amps on at the same time, one panned hard left, the other hard right.
Are you running two amps at once?
cheers,
Jimmy

Yes sir. I am not sure about your original post though, as you could do the same exact thing with the Axe2. 2 amp blocks, 2 cab blocks, stereo out int whatever you want, turn sims off on one of the outputs that you want to feeds actual cabs and your done. It is literally why I sold all my gear. I'll never own anything other than my Axe3:D

Hi Chris
With the AxeFX 2 if you want to run two amps at once, one panned hard left, the other hard right... you really need to have 4 amps, two that go FOH with sims, two that go to on stage setup (no cab sim). Hope I'm making myself clearer ... and hoping the Axe Fx 3 can fix this problem I have?
cheers,
Jimmy

This would not be correct, and I am still trying to understand why you feel this is the case

i think the solution is the same as it's been for 10 years:

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 8.58.47 AM.png

the VolPan blocks are set to send Left only and Right only signals to each cab block.

but if you just use 1 cab block that can already have 4 different IRs, 2 on each discreet side, it gets even more simple:

Screen Shot 2018-07-21 at 9.00.17 AM.png

i think the solution is the same as it's been for 10 years:

View attachment 48403

the VolPan blocks are set to send Left only and Right only signals to each cab block.

but if you just use 1 cab block that can already have 4 different IRs, 2 on each discreet side, it gets even more simple:

View attachment 48404
Maybe I'm misreading, but the OP says two Amps panned L/R not two Cabs.

In your example above, I think the signal from both amps would be combined by the Delay or Reverb, right?

Maybe I'm misreading, but the OP says two Amps panned L/R not two Cabs.

In your example above, I think the signal from both amps would be combined by the Delay or Reverb, right?
The reverb effect itself will be combined - the same way a single room would combine them. But the left and right remain discreet.

I still don’t know the specific issue that needs 4 amps. The original post reads like it’s the cabs causing the problem, keeping them out of the stage sound. But that’s a simple routing decision as shown.

The reverb effect itself will be combined - the same way a single room would combine them. But the left and right remain discreet.

I still don’t know the specific issue that needs 4 amps. The original post reads like it’s the cabs causing the problem, keeping them out of the stage sound. But that’s a simple routing decision as shown.
Ok... That makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom