Can anyone take some time to try to create these patches on the Ax8?

rich2k4

Inspired
I want to see what the CPU usage is for patches with these exact settings.

Van Halen Brown Sound
2 videos, part 1 and part 2

part 1:

part 2:

so basically everything you see there. Amp, Cab, high quality reverb, 2 delays, phaser, flanger. Do you run into CPU issues? Same exact settings from the videos above.

SRV Tone (I know this video uses 2 amps and 2 cabs, but can you try just 1 amp and 1 cab and let me know if it sounds close? This one also uses 2 drives, and a reverb.)

there is no way to try an Ax8 without fronting the money, so I want to know if these patches with the exact same settings is possible on the unit.

I skimmed through the videos. No way I'm watching 45 minutes of videos...

In video 1, he uses the Preamp in the cab block (around 14:20 in the video) which is not available in the AX8. You'll have to decide how much difference it makes in the video when he chooses the preamp model to see if the audible difference is significant to your ears.

I didn't see anything else in video 1 or 2 that could not be done in the AX8, but I took a really quick scan if the videos. Effects wise, the list of effects that he uses in the second video can be easily accommodated with the AX8 CPU, but you may have to use Normal quality for the reverb.

The third video is not possible because it uses two amp blocks and two cab blocks. You can only use one amp and one cab block in the AX8.

I have a Early EVH preset that I went through just last night working on Atomic Punk and with all of the effects you would typically need it's running at 77% and that includes the use of 2 different delays.

Back
Top Bottom