Can anyone recommend me a travel guitar?

GuitarDojo

Been traveling for work and I needs something more that my shredneck can offer. Musical value.

Can anyone recommend me a travel guitar? Trials and tribulations please.....

Go

I went through the same thing. I ended up getting a Traveler Guitar.

Traveler Guitar Speedster Hot-Rod Red V2

I wanted something full scale and that I could carry in a backpack. I put it into the main compartment of my backpack the neck sticks out the top. I use an iRig interface to my iPad and I'm good to go. It takes some adjustment, it doesn't fit in your lap like a real guitar. The first night or two I were rough. More about adjusting to the guitar than actually playing. I have had it on 7 or 8 trips so far and am enjoying it. I am usually gone for 3 to 4 days at a time and am in a hotel a lot.

buy a beat up bolt on neck guitar similar to the axe you play most and unbolt the neck throw it in a bag and go!

c44976b643d8796167d381e0f4a476a2.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's try to keep it under $500. lol

Traveler Speedster blacks are on sale for $316. However, I'm becoming more interested in the Traveler Hot rod V2's (Blue and yellow)
and Steinberger Spirit pro for $399 @ MF

Last edited:
I work in the Gulf of Mexico oil fields so tend to travel by choppers and crammed vans/trucks and boat so my boden is expensive but is held up extremely well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Strobel Rambler.

https://www.strobelguitars.com/

They're full scale length, well built, and designed so that the neck pops off with thumbscrews. Very playable and you can jam them in a very small space. I have a Classic. It sounds like a weird cross between a Les Paul and a Strat, because although the length scale is 24 3/4" and the body is mahogany, the bolt-on neck gives it a little more snap and twang.

Very weird to play sitting down, but works great standing up with a strap. The stock pickups are even pretty decent. The only issue I have with mine is that the tuning is a little unstable. I suspect that's due to binding at the bridge side, what with all the string trees and whatnot to get the strings to the tuning pegs. It's not so bad as to be unplayable by any means, but it does slip more than any of my non-travel guitars (with the exception of a particularly obnoxious ES-335).

Been traveling for work and I needs something more that my shredneck can offer. Musical value.

Can anyone recommend me a travel guitar? Trials and tribulations please.....

Go
Hi GD, Electric OR Acoustic Electric ? I really like the Taylor Mini Koa, with a Tronical tuner system on it. Great for all the open tunings, slide, finger style. Really does compete with a full size acoustic /electric, AND fits overhead. Shredding, not so much.:roll

I picked up a Steinberger last year and have been happy with it. I travel internationally a lot for work, and I wanted something that I could fit anywhere on an airplane, sound good through an amp, full scale, stay in tune, practice with it during travel, and be gig/jam-worthy.

Back
Top Bottom