Can anyone post a video of Axe 2 Vs. YJM100?

Okay, I'm going to embarrass myself and post a hack clip. I don't know any actual Malmsteen licks but this is "in the style" of him.

It's a 100W Plexi with the Shred distortion.

I was being sarcastic.

This guy sold his AxeFx dirt cheap to several different members in the classifieds here, allegedly, to fund making a music video. Collected the money and never shipped. It was big huge thread several years ago.
Some one added a youtube clip of him on Judge Judy.

I'm surprised no one remembers... as well as kinda surprised he came back

OK. Clears it up. Yes I remember his threads vividly.

The YJM100 is a Plexi which can be switched between 100W and 50W modes, with a built in boost (YJMDOD308) pedal that can be engaged with a foot-switch. Also it features a noise gate and reverb, other features being EPA (Electronic power attenuation) auto-bias and an fx loop.
Using a Plexi 50W in the Axe (what Yngwie usually is known to use) along with a suitable overdrive within the axe, and reverb/delay tweaked to taste should get close. A strat with Yngwie pickups could help further ;). Not to forget the cab - he uses speakers I think are G12T75s

I was being sarcastic.

This guy sold his AxeFx dirt cheap to several different members in the classifieds here, allegedly, to fund making a music video. Collected the money and never shipped. It was big huge thread several years ago.
Some one added a youtube clip of him on Judge Judy.

I'm surprised no one remembers... as well as kinda surprised he came back

Wow... news to me. In a sad way, that's good to know... and the timing to find out this info couldn't of worked out better. Since I don't have to waste my time any longer doing an audio clip for the OP, I can now give my middle finger a rest. I just put a 1/16th drill bit into my finder tip last night. And... if the story of the OP has credence, let me make one final gesture with my middle finger before I put it on the shelf for a few days. Too bad they don't have a forum smiley for such an occasion. :eagerness: ... bout as close of a smiley I can find for the occasion but could easily be mistaken for it.

just found the original posts from 2009 . This guy sold a Ultra to forum member vaxed for $499. *I remember now! (Geoff Tate voice)**
Fortunately Vaxed got his money back after 20 days of waiting and sparse emails in between. After some intense discourse between romeo rose, vaxed and several forum members, a mod removed the thread from public view. Just a public service FYI

EDIT::This guy is supposed to be banned! *consults with mod team* Whisper Whisper* burp fartt ** whisper whisper////// Excuse me for a sec

Last edited:
just found the original posts from 2009 . This guy sold a Ultra to forum member vaxed for $499. *I remember now! (Geoff Tate voice)**
Fortunately Vaxed got his money back after 20 days of waiting and sparse emails in between. After some intense discourse between romeo rose, vaxed and several forum members, a mod removed the thread from public view. Just a public service FYI

EDIT::This guy is supposed to be banned! *consults with mod team* Whisper Whisper* burp fartt ** whisper whisper////// Excuse me for a sec

He was selling an Ultra for $499??? If so that is a huge red flag right there, lol.

I do not own the DOD pedal but I find the shred distortion (based on a Marshall Shredmaster) gets me reasonable close to YJM's early tome... close enough for a first approximation.

Thanks for this. The "Shred Dist" drive is one that I had not played around with much. Last night I was using it with the Plexi 100 amp and ended up with just an insane 80s type shred tone. Drive and master was high on the Plexi. I kept the drive fairly low and the level around 7 or so on the Shred Dist. Sounded killer with a ton of different speaker combinations (H75, G65, various Greenback cabs, V30s, T75s, etc.). I also added in a healthy amount of reverb and delay.

It ended up being the best lead tone I've ever had. I can't say it absolutely sounded like Yngwie because my guitars are very different from his (PRS mahogany with humbuckers) but I bet with a guitar more similar to his it would have been nearly spot on.

Thanks for this. The "Shred Dist" drive is one that I had not played around with much. Last night I was using it with the Plexi 100 amp and ended up with just an insane 80s type shred tone. Drive and master was high on the Plexi.

It ended up being the best lead tone I've ever had. I can't say it absolutely sounded like Yngwie because my guitars are very different from his (PRS mahogany with humbuckers) but I bet with a guitar more similar to his it would have been nearly spot on.

I don't know if you caught my clip above as this thread is going in two different directions...but I'll post it again here: It's this exact tone...not exactly Yngwie but close (not the playing). It's 100W Plexi with Shred distortion with very low gain on the stomp.

:eek-new:

I don't know if you caught my clip above as this thread is going in two different directions...but I'll post it again here: It's this exact tone...not exactly Yngwie but close (not the playing). It's 100W Plexi with Shred distortion with very low gain on the stomp.

:eek-new:

hey man, awesome playing and nice tone. To my ears this is pretty close but Yngwie's tone is a bit janglier/brighter and has a bit less sizzle on fast runs. Can you post the patch please? I think he achieves his tone in the opposite way: very low gain on the amp and both knobs on the DOD close to maxed. Doing this with the shred distortion gets me near what I'm talking about. Yngwie's tone sparkles high but is actually pretty guttural and bass-ey on the lower strings. Please share patch!

Der JD said:
Thanks for this. The "Shred Dist" drive is one that I had not played around with much. Last night I was using it with the Plexi 100 amp and ended up with just an insane 80s type shred tone. Drive and master was high on the Plexi. I kept the drive fairly low and the level around 7 or so on the Shred Dist. Sounded killer with a ton of different speaker combinations (H75, G65, various Greenback cabs, V30s, T75s, etc.). I also added in a healthy amount of reverb and delay.

It ended up being the best lead tone I've ever had. I can't say it absolutely sounded like Yngwie because my guitars are very different from his (PRS mahogany with humbuckers) but I bet with a guitar more similar to his it would have been nearly spot on. [\Quote]

Can you please post a patch! Also, how come you guys aren't using the 50w plexi (low), I think that's a bit closer.

hey man, awesome playing and nice tone. To my ears this is pretty close but Yngwie's tone is a bit janglier/brighter and has a bit less sizzle on fast runs. Can you post the patch please? I think he achieves his tone in the opposite way: very low gain on the amp and both knobs on the DOD close to maxed. Doing this with the shred distortion gets me near what I'm talking about. Yngwie's tone sparkles high but is actually pretty guttural and bass-ey on the lower strings. Please share patch!

Can you please post a patch! Also, how come you guys aren't using the 50w plexi (low), I think that's a bit closer.

I will post a patch for you. I will probably start a new thread though first. I will also try the 50w Plexi instead to see if it feels closer. I just thought he used 100W versions 1959?. What do I know? I respect the mans playing but I don't follow him enough to know what equipment he uses so this is probably not as close as it should be. I do have one of his signature pedals though, so maybe I'll try that in front of the Axe to see if it works better.

I will post a patch for you. I will probably start a new thread though first. I will also try the 50w Plexi instead to see if it feels closer. I just thought he used 100W versions 1959?. What do I know? I respect the mans playing but I don't follow him enough to know what equipment he uses so this is probably not as close as it should be. I do have one of his signature pedals though, so maybe I'll try that in front of the Axe to see if it works better.

for some reason I thought he used the 50w and opts for 50w mode on his new amp but I"m not sure. Looking forward to the patch.

Back
Top Bottom