Can anybody tell me why my Axe Fx 2 xl+ Does Not Work

Lots of people with brand new AFX's run into trouble early on, and it's usually because they don't understand how the unit works, and they try to do too much to fast without learning the basics. For those people, the forum can be a valuable resource to get them up and running and get some good advice that goes beyond just solving the problem.

The nature of your problem, and the fact that you did multiple hardware resets without fixing it reads to me like a hardware problem. Within 5 minutes of posting your issue, a VERY experienced user advised you to open a support ticket, and showed you how to do so.

I'm pretty sure that a snarky response like this reduces everyone's enthusiasm for helping you down to something you'd need an electron microscope to find. I understand that you're frustrated, but...
I don't think he comment was snarky... I think it was actually a polite response. Depends on which color glasses you have on I guess ;)

Thank you. I submitted a ticket last evening. The official support page suggests you use the forum as a resource. I was just following directions. Your response seems to indicate that the information on the support page is incorrect . Am I missing something?
No, he was just making sure that you understand that the forum is not official support...many people come here without ever visiting the support site.

Thank you. I submitted a ticket last evening. The official support page suggests you use the forum as a resource. I was just following directions. Your response seems to indicate that the information on the support page is incorrect . Am I missing something?
The forum is indeed a resource, but with an issue like you described, we can’t really help fix it. Support is the best option, which is why I suggested it immediately. Otherwise the forum just goes round and round not really knowing how to help and people get frustrated, not knowing support is even an option.

Glad it’s solved.

No, he was just making sure that you understand that the forum is not official support...many people come here without ever visiting the support site.
Thanks f
Thanks for responding. As a new user I reviewed the forums. One of the beefs it appears people have is that new users do not read the manual or review the forums before posting. I spent several hours on both of these.

This is directly from the manual page 163:

15 Troubleshooting
Fractal Audio Systems offers support through its web site at http://www.fractalaudio.com
You can also get answers to most questions in our online forum at http://forum.fractalaudio.com
The Axe-Fx Wiki at http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2 is also an excellent source of information.

I tried to do exactly what it appears people on this forum asked for and it was not well received by some. Others were very generous with their time and knowledge. In the end I guess some people want to help and some people want something that I do not understand. I assure you that my motivation is to help others, as displayed by my posting of a detailed account of my issues, investigation and resolutions as to save people time in the future. Best to all and at least we all get to experience a high quality product. Thanks to everyone who helped me troubleshoot.

The forum is indeed a resource, but with an issue like you described, we can’t really help fix it. Support is the best option, which is why I suggested it immediately. Otherwise the forum just goes round and round not really knowing how to help and people get frustrated, not knowing support is even an option.

Glad it’s solved.
I appreciate that but at the time I was unaware of this "...with an issue like you described, we can’t really help fix it.". Given the reliability of the product user error was still significantly in the distribution. I did not know what I did not know. Thanks for following up.

Thanks f

Thanks for responding. As a new user I reviewed the forums. One of the beefs it appears people have is that new users do not read the manual or review the forums before posting. I spent several hours on both of these.

This is directly from the manual page 163:

15 Troubleshooting
Fractal Audio Systems offers support through its web site at http://www.fractalaudio.com
You can also get answers to most questions in our online forum at http://forum.fractalaudio.com
The Axe-Fx Wiki at http://wiki.fractalaudio.com/axefx2 is also an excellent source of information.

I tried to do exactly what it appears people on this forum asked for and it was not well received by some. Others were very generous with their time and knowledge. In the end I guess some people want to help and some people want something that I do not understand. I assure you that my motivation is to help others, as displayed by my posting of a detailed account of my issues, investigation and resolutions as to save people time in the future. Best to all and at least we all get to experience a high quality product. Thanks to everyone who helped me troubleshoot.
No worries. You did exactly what any diligent user with a problem would do.

Sometimes, people come to the forum thinking it actually is Fractal support, when it’s really just a bunch of people volunteering their time to help each other. They become frustrated if the responses they get here aren’t as timely and full of resolution as they would expect from a real customer support group. They need to be reminded of what this place is, and where to go for real customer support. You are not such a person. Thank you for your patience, and welcome to the forum.

Hey just out of curiosity, u said the machine is 3 days old. I can't assume that means it's a brand new machine so I ask out of my own personal curiosity, was this a b stock unit, used or brand new from FAS? Not that it matters id just like to know

Back
Top Bottom