Can anybody help with phazer ideas, please? Thin Lizzy

Dixiethedog

Experienced
Hi all,

Could any of you good folk help me with a phazer setting to achieve the phazer sound in this track from one of the finest live albums of all time, please?
I'm sure from memory that the phazer part was played by Scott Gorham, who used a script90 (or similar?). I admit that I'm pretty much useless at achieving good tones, but no amount of knob twiddling has had me anywhere near the sound I'd like to play with. HELP!!!!!! LOL

There is an interview where Scott stated he used a Flanger. Maybe try that as well.

I think the studio version with Eric Bell was a flanger.

Depending on the guitar you’re using, you might also need to brighten it a good bit. Eric played a Strat and Scott normally played a Les Paul Deluxe with mini-humbuckers, both bright guitars. Good luck!

Thank you very much @Habuman , I'm going to give you flanger patch a try the next time I plug in. I cant wait!

And thank you @Rick , you are totally correct about the choice of guitars used. My main guitar is a LP Custom so a bit of trial and error will be needed and made fun of. I've also just bought a LP Junior (DC single P90), so may give that a try out too.

I'll report back once I have tried things out. Thank you once again, you Fractal type chaps are the best.

A quicky question for @Habuman , the attachment shows to be some obscure (to me) file? How do I load this type of file over to my AX8, please?
Find the AX8 folder on your computer. Within that folder there will be a Blocks folder. Download to the Flanger section.

Go back to the AX8 Editor and load the flanger from there.

Back
Top Bottom