Can an FM3 run straight into a PA??

Can My FM3 run directly into a PA? Or does something need to be in front of it. Some small gigs I do don't have a mixer or interface, meaning I can't use my FM3 into the PA. and I'm not sure if a DI will solve the issue. Does a DI act as a mixer. Can I just run FM3 --> DI box ---> PA? Thanks!

Welcome to this community, the answer is yes. A lot of us go directly to the PA also known as FOH (front of house).

You have the option of going stereo too. Plug your FM3 output 1 L to PA. Hope this helps

:)

Can't think of a reason why not - don't even think a DI is needed given FM3 balanced out. Just XLR cable(s) from FM3 to PA input.

Can My FM3 run directly into a PA? Or does something need to be in front of it. Some small gigs I do don't have a mixer or interface, meaning I can't use my FM3 into the PA. and I'm not sure if a DI will solve the issue. Does a DI act as a mixer. Can I just run FM3 --> DI box ---> PA? Thanks!
That's really what it's designed for.

Welcome aboard!

Most definitely, I would suggest doing a little reading of the manual covering hook up. You can run either way power amp and guitar cab or FRFR (Full Range Flat Response) or PA cab , monitor studio or floor wedge. You have your hands on a very powerful little device! Also might I suggest Cooper carters master classes or at the very least the YT vids on the how to whatever subject . There is a grip of resource out there!

Your wording is a bit confusing.

"PA" usually means a system for mixing and amplifying your sound.

"PA" is often commonly used as an abbreviation for Power Amp.

You're saying in some cases you don't have a mixer so wondering how you can use the PA. This is confusing to me as a mixer would be part of the PA.

A DI box is used to connect (typically) to a mixer, so not sure where that comes into play if you don't have a mixer?

In any case, as has been mentioned you can plug directly into a mixer or a part power amp. You don't need a mixer.

Back
Top Bottom