Can an exp pedal change scene?

L

luke

Let's say you are playing Scene 1, but you want to go to Scene 2, is there a way to activate the change via an exp pedal?

The goal here is to use the wah on/off to change the Scene, so clean sound can become a searing lead w/ wah without having to change scenes AND THEN go to the wah.

Not sure about changing scenes but you can use the Auto Engage feature on any block. Have a drive auto engage along with the wah.

A Fender amp with a Drive in front will not result in the same sound as a dimed Marshall. I was hoping to not have to change scenes and then go to the wah in a two step process because in one song the solo starts with the wah.

I never said it would. I also don't know your specifics. Think about the concept, There are probably a few ways to skin the cat on this. The multiplexer comes to mind as well. The Auto Engage can be very powerful.

If you use the external controllers you can get that to happen. I've set 4 different sounds through the pedal sweep on a couple patches. Just tailor the curves to get your bypass changes where you like. For adding a drive and switching an amp it shouldn't take you too much work.

I bought a Mission SP-1 with a toe switch to accomplish this. It is acting weird though. I can play for hours nd it is fine and then out of nowhere it starts scrolling through scenes super fast.

I bought a Mission SP-1 with a toe switch to accomplish this. It is acting weird though. I can play for hours nd it is fine and then out of nowhere it starts scrolling through scenes super fast.

Where do you have OUT2 of the SP-1 connected?

@ScotHessler That sounds (no pun intended) very cool indeed. Any chance you might go into more detail, as my older brain doesn’t see it as obvious? ‍

Feel free to DM info if I have hijacked the thread.

Lee

@ScotHessler That sounds (no pun intended) very cool indeed. Any chance you might go into more detail, as my older brain doesn’t see it as obvious? ‍

Feel free to DM info if I have hijacked the thread.

Lee

No problem. I will see if I can dig up one of those presets, they are likely buried in an old backup. It's really just a test of patience to dial in the modifiers. They were set up to not run off scenes. I set them up for a wet clean, a drier clean, a heavy crunch, and a lead based off the crunch. I used 2 different amps in parallel with some extra blocks to get where I wanted.

Start out with trying to get the bypasses for the amps dialed to where they switch on/off states at the middle of the pedal travel. If you can get that worked out you've cracked the code on the rest of it.

Edit: I can't find any of the old 2 amp presets. Here's an early single amp one back from V18. Look at how the modifiers vary from block to block, all tied to External 1. Also check out Clarky's tone morphing thread (s).

Attachments

• Brit 800 Mod Carvin M.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom