Can all of the Cab Packs be used with the Digitech GSP1101?

soon

Inspired
Can all of the Cab Packs be used with the Digitech GSP1101?

I've been thinking about a used digitech 2101, but now I'm thinking of a digitech 1101, because it's not much more new, has built in usb, and can use IR's.

I've never used IR's before in anything... but I've read most of the threads here where everyone talks of using them in the cab packs with the AxeFx.

I know that the Digitech GSP1101 also uses IR's...

So, this may seem like a stupid question to ask... but can I use any of the Cab Packs in the Fractal store or even the ones Clark Kent makes, with the GSP1101?

I mean, I don't know if those IRs are supposed to only work on Fractal units, or if they work on any kind of unit that can upload a IR, such as the GSP1101.

This is off the top of my head (I've got a GSP1101 and controller gathering dust in the garage)...

First off, a GSP1101 won't work with .IR or .SYX files for the AxeFX so your basic answer is no.

A stock GSP1101 cannot use any user-loadable IR's, just the built-ins. If you have updated the unit with the 'must-be-beta' site updates beyond the C54 release, their update utility can create an IR for the GSP1101 from a WAV file. It will use the first 128 samples from the file and discard the rest. 10 user slots max.

Bottom line, you can create your own IR with any cab vendor that provides WAV files as part of a package. Fractal does not. Check out OwnHammer, etc. for some very good cab products.

HTH,
TT

Back
Top Bottom