can a footswitch do two things at once?

Ratbun

suppose every time i turn on a phaser pedal i want a mid-boost eq to pop on with it.

are there some clever ways to achieve this

What kind of footswitch? You can assign a modifier for bypass on both a phaser and a mid-boost block so the footswitch controls the bypass of both.

You can do multiple things with a switch or Expression Pedal. I use one preset where an EP increases amp gain, boosts mids, and increases delay mix.

Assign the same controller to the bypass parameter of both the phaser block and the EQ block.

If you reverse the start and end values in the modifier for one of them, you can toggle one on and one off with the same switch too.

ok. right on!

footswitch controls one of 6 "control switch" which is the same thing as a modifier? and that controls any number of parameters in many different blocks. brilliant.

thanks

ok. right on!

footswitch controls one of 6 "control switch" which is the same thing as a modifier? and that controls any number of parameters in many different blocks. brilliant.

thanks
A Control Switch can be used as control for a modifier... Not the same thing as a modifier.

ok. right on!

thanks

Control switch is only an FC thing, so keep that in mind if you use something else.

Another way to do it. The multiplexor- have two signal chains and switch between them with one switch using channel toggle.
He's trying to turn two blocks on/off together, not switch between them... While there are some scenarios where your solution could work, I don't think that's generally an approach that would work.

He's trying to turn two blocks on/off together, not switch between them... While there are some scenarios where your solution could work, I don't think that's generally an approach that would work.

If the blocks were both in the same location (pre- vs. post-amp) you could have the two (series) blocks in one row and 2 shunts in another, but this is probably ~50% more work than just setting up two bypass modifiers.

It absolutely does work if the two blocks are in the same place in the chain.

For example a drive followed by an eq.

You have one row with these two on. One row which is just shunts. Switching channels in the multiplexor and using this to select the drive plus eq row or the shunt row will effectively allow you to bypass two effects at once.

Where this doesn’t work is if the effects are in different parts of the signal flow.

While I’m here I use this too to allow you to double up on the impact of an expression pedal - I have a Trem, rotary and wah all controlled by one expression pedal.

In some scenes the wah is engaged by moving the pedal and in others the wah is on a different channel which is always bypassed (doesn’t respond to the expression)

For those scenes the expression pedal controls both a Trem and a rotary - both times the speed and also the engagement. Because those two are both at the same point in the signal flow I then use a multiplexor and a single footswitch to choose Trem or rotary

If you put a couple (or more) fx on a single row, you can also set the Bypass State of one of the blocks to Mute Out. Then, you can just turn on/off that block the regular way (no Control Switch needed) and it'll mute the signal from the whole row.

For example, let's say you create a 2nd row with Phaser > Drive > EQ. You could just set the Drive to Mute Out, and set up an IA to turn the Drive on/off. The PH and EQ don't have to be bypassed, because when the Drive is off the whole signal is cut off.

Mute In for the first block gives the same result -- that line has no output.

If there are delay or reverb blocks in the line you're muting, figure out whether you want trails from them to continue or not. If they should ring out, mute the In, of not, mute the Out.

ok. now..... what if i have a four channel amp block and i want to switch between four channels on a wah block simultaneously. so wah channel B always comes up with amp channel B and so on. I know scenes do it easily, but just for education sake could i do it a different way?

ok. now..... what if i have a four channel amp block and i want to switch between four channels on a wah block simultaneously. so wah channel B always comes up with amp channel B and so on. I know scenes do it easily, but just for education sake could i do it a different way?
Nope... Not without a Midi controller.

Back
Top Bottom