Can’t Load Axe Edit

Picked up a new (to me) computer today and went to load Axe Edit and Fractal Bot. When I tried to start the program I got an error message saying “Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found” and another saying the d=same thing but with a reference to VCRUNTIME140.dll. Anyone ever experience this. OS is windows 10 Pro. Thanks.

I've downloaded and installed the Visual C++file linked above, still get the same error message. Any other fixes?

Picked up a new (to me) computer today and went to load Axe Edit and Fractal Bot. When I tried to start the program I got an error message saying “Code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found” and another saying the d=same thing but with a reference to VCRUNTIME140.dll. Anyone ever experience this. OS is windows 10 Pro. Thanks.
As an FYI, you don't need to load Fractal-Bot, it's already built into Axe-Edit III. Look under the Tools menu.

Had this same problem the other day - there is a link to the necessary download right on the download page for Axe Edit (thank you Fractal team)

Had this same problem the other day - there is a link to the necessary download right on the download page for Axe Edit (thank you Fractal team)

I was just tying to load Axe-Edit for my Axe-Fx II on an old laptop and was getting the same error message. I saw the comment about installing Visual C++, so I installed the 64-bit version, thinking that’s what I needed because I was running the 64-bit version of Windows 10. Still got the same message. Then I read a comment on a Microsoft forum, about installing the 32-bit version of Visual C++. Problem solved.

Good grief, I do not miss Windows at all.
Good grief, I do not miss Mac OS at all.. literally nothing worked as supposed on my M1 MacBook Pro when I bought it in Dec 2020 and even Chrome was acting as a terrible resource hog.. my 16 gig RAM-equipped ARM processor machine (which was supposed to be lightning fast) felt like something from the last decade... so so happy to have got rid of it and built a super high performance PC tower for the same price :D

Good grief, I do not miss Mac OS at all.. literally nothing worked as supposed on my M1 MacBook Pro when I bought it in Dec 2020 and even Chrome was acting as a terrible resource hog.. my 16 gig RAM-equipped ARM processor machine (which was supposed to be lightning fast) felt like something from the last decade... so so happy to have got rid of it and built a super high performance PC tower for the same price :D
Well bless your heart.

weird that you had issues with Mac M1,i have to 2 Mac Mini M1 and M1 Macbook Pro and never have any issue,im a Mac user since 2010 and i will never go back to Windows.

Back
Top Bottom