Came up with a super chorus sound....

Joe Bfstplk

Legend!
This filter in front of side-chained Chorus, Pitch, and MultDly gets a wonderfully angelic, semi-ambient cloud of timey-wimey, chorusey mush.
Screenshot%202020-07-01%2022.51.15.png

Preset here. Right-click and save unless you like looking at gibberish text. :)

Preset uses the wonderful free HJ 4x12 RCA Cab Pack that was posted in the forum a ways back, and is set up with Control Switch 2 bumping the filter from flat to mid-humped to get the wonderful mush mentioned earlier....

Here are the cabs used:
Screenshot%202020-07-01%2023.03.53.png

Surprise, surprise, surprise, a 57, with a ribbon mic a little lower in the mix.... :rolleyes:

@2112 - you might dig this chorus sound....

I just enjoyed this preset for nearly an hour. I'm usually not a fan of a heavy chorus, but here I felt really drawn into it. And the filter bump is a discovery, I probably will use that also in other presets. Thank you very much.

you wouldn't have an audio clip would you? Very curious to listen to it if you do. :) I may be able to use this in a band song we are working on.

Minor nitpick: Those aren't side-chained, they're just in parallel. Side chaining is when an input based effect like Compression is driven by a different audio source than the signal it's affecting. ie. compressing the bass track with the signal from the kick drum, so the bass ducks for every kick.

I'm really interested to test this out later though!

Back
Top Bottom