Calling OS X Guru’s

mwd

Power User
Weird ass problem. Many years ago I bought a beloved set of Elemental Audio plugins. $500.00 +bucks. Elemental sold out to Roger Nichols. Plug-ins transferred but Roger Nichols died. No more support.

I installed my plug-ins on my Windoze computers and then switched to Mac. I then installed my OS X set while on Snow Leopard 10.6.

Life good until Logic X. No more 32 bit support until I found 32 Lives bridge. So I’m back in business on my EA plugins.

I went to transfer these to my MacBook which by license I am allowed BUT Macbook is on Yosemite. I installed the plugs but I can’t fire the authorizer because support for PowerPC applications has been discontinued.

In hind sight I see that I installed on my iMac prior to the end of PowerPC support so it migrated and updated to the new OSX’s as my iMac is also on Yosemite.

Does anyone know of a way that I can copy some file from my iMac to my Macbook to make these AU plug-ins be recognized OR know of a bridge type program that I can run a PowerPC application for the authorizers so I can enter my license numbers.

FWIW I got it. In the event it will help someone: Elemental audio uses a simple text document for licensing in Library/User/(name)/Preferences. You can copy your license files over to new system and rename the user in the text document. Now functional.

Note: You have to have an installed working licensed copy on one of your systems. I got (accidentally) terribly lucky that I had installed EA prior to Apple squashing PowerPC support so my license files were migrated.

Thanks for posting the solution in case someone else is searching with your issues. Good karma right there :)

Back
Top Bottom