Calling FM9 Owners ...... FM3 Preset loaded into FM9 ...... CPU % Use Readings Please .... (?)

More aware now :)

Thing is that on my FM3, running the Reverbs on Economy vs Ultra/High creates a huge difference in CPU % usage ....... I thought that would also be the case on the FM9 ...... I have now found out that the FM9 is "built" differently ...... %99.9 of my memory tells me also that when I had my rack Axe FX 3 MK1 ... changing the Reverbs to Economy from Ultra/High also created huge differences in CPU % usage.

I thought the FM9 would "respond" the same way as my old rack Axe FX 3 MK1 and FM3 ..... and am really intrigued that it does not / is "built" differently ?

And in my "very limited technical brain" [:)] I don't really understand why the FM9 doesn't "work" like the Axe 3 and FM3 in this respect ..... to my limited understanding ...... it seems that the way the [top tier] Axe 3 and [lowest tier] FM3 do it, is a "fuller" / "more comprehensive" use of the total available CPU power of the unit at any given point in time ?

I could of course have the "bull by the horns" here in terms of my understandings of this whole issue :)

All the best :)
Ben
On the Axe3 1 core is dedicated to amps, and the other core for everything else.

On the FM3 1 core is dedicated to the amp and delay, and the other core to everything else.

On the FM9, 1 core is for Amps, another for delay, another for reverb, and the final for everything else.

So it’s not really that different. One core on every unit is “for everything else.” The fact that Reverb has a dedicated core - which is smart since it uses a lot of CPU - doesn’t change anything really.

My sincere thanks to all in this thread for all the great info. Bottom line is that a >%25 gain in CPU usage (ie:- a full > 20 percentage points lower) is nothing to sneeze at as that gives me more than enough headroom if ever needed :) Thanks again everyone:). Ben

Back
Top Bottom