Calling all Peterson tuner owners/experts...!!!

BrianJ

Inspired
Hello guys! I'm looking for any users of the Peterson 590 or 490ST model tuners...I picked up a 590 for a great price but I noticed that there was an extra tuning profile in the 490ST for guitar that the 590 didn't have...and I wondered if anyone knows what that tuning is? This extra setting is called "G5TH".

From Peterson's website:

The 590 has the following guitar tuning preset:

P5TH - Tempered for clean 5ths when playing electric guitar with distortion.

The 490ST has the following guitar tuning presets:

P5TH - Tempered for clean 5ths when playing electric guitar with distortion.

G5TH - A unique tuning adjustment for standard-tuned guitars (or, additionally, for “1/2-step down” tuning: E=, A=, D=, G=, B=, E= as well as simple open chord tunings) in which “power-chord” 4ths and 5ths are optimized. This is very useful in situation where distortion is to be used as part of the guitar tone. (This “stretch” avoids a compromise of the P5TH temperament under the Temperament presets through the ability of stretch files to have independent adjustments for each “E” string.)

From the description it seems like the G5TH preset might be the same as the P5TH preset with the exception of tuning one of the E strings a bit differently. What I'm trying to find out is if anyone knows what the actual difference is??? Does anyone have a 490ST that you can look into the settings of the G5TH preset and see what they are???

Thanks!

Brian

Back
Top Bottom