Calling all ART X-15 experts...

Brock

Experienced
What I'd like to be able to do is use the secondary mode of the X-15 to do scenes 1-8 in the preset, button 9 to activate the tuner, and 0 to do a tap tempo. Is this possible?

If so, how do you recommend I do this? Thanks!

I had an X-15 many years ago as the companion to type SGX-2000. As such, I never really needed to do much programming.

I just had a look at the manual online and I don't think the X-15 can do scenes... Because you need to be able to control the data value sent along with the CC (#34), and the effects control seems to only send off/on (0/127).

Additionally, even if it could, you wouldn't be able to track which scene was active based on the LEDs.

Also, for tuner you need bidirectional midi and the controller has to know how to process the data from the Axe Fx.

Based on the firmness of the switches (from memory) I would imagine tap tempo might be a challenge to get right.

To make it work, I think you need a momentary type switch. I didn't notice anything about that as option in the manual.

I had an X-15 many years ago as the companion to type SGX-2000. As such, I never really needed to do much programming.

I just had a look at the manual online and I don't think the X-15 can do scenes... Because you need to be able to control the data value sent along with the CC (#34), and the effects control seems to only send off/on (0/127).

Additionally, even if it could, you wouldn't be able to track which scene was active based on the LEDs.

Also, for tuner you need bidirectional midi and the controller has to know how to process the data from the Axe Fx.

Based on the firmness of the switches (from memory) I would imagine tap tempo might be a challenge to get right.

To make it work, I think you need a momentary type switch. I didn't notice anything about that as option in the manual.

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I guess my next best option is to program it to function like a "stomp box" mode then? Any suggestions as to how to do that?

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. I guess my next best option is to program it to function like a "stomp box" mode then? Any suggestions as to how to do that?
Refer to the manual on how to setup Effects Mode.

You can either change the CC# sent by the X-15 or change the CC# used by the Axe Fx to match what the X-15 sends.

The ART X-15 uses Midi controllers 70 through 79 to control buttons 1-10. You can change the Axe FX #'s to match these and it should work. Just decide which effects you want to control and change those. Just go to I/O CONTROL on the Axe and change the Default CC assignments. I always document what I do just in case I have to switch back. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom