Call to arms: Where are all the Ultra/Std users?

I found a bunch by changing the view to "all threads" in presets page or in the discussion page. I found yeks pack,singtalls pack,etc. Its tedious this way, but it gets you there. When I can I'll try to post a bunch of the ones I found in the presets page, and let y'all know here

We should make a big patch-sharing thread. Everyone gets sweet patches and we can learn from each other how to make our Ultras sound even better than IIs :D

I've been busy practicing/writing lately, so it doesn't leave me much time left to tweak. But I'll be back at it pretty soon. Still, I would love to see something like this happen. At least we would know that all the patches are fresh and still available. I always get a bummer when I hear a great sounding patch demo and then the patch itself is not online anymore. But it would be good to have a standard presentation form, to keep it organized. Something like...

Patch Name: Vaelthunder Rhythm
Original Tweaker: Vaelthunder
Based On (If Applicable): Atomshipped Rhythm
Type: High Gain Rhythm
Suitable For: Metal / Death Metal / ...
Custom IR (If Applicable): With download link, when possible.

... Anything else?
Cheers

Bought my Ultra new around 4 months before the AF2 came out (and I'd even emailed Fractal to ask if there were any plans for an update and was told 'not at this time'...).

However, I've been very happy with the Ultra (immediately fell in love with the Modern Eddie patch!) and at the price (in the UK), have no desire to get the 2. That's not to say that I haven't had GAS in the meantime - I recently bought a Kemper Power Rack (half the price of an AF2 & decent power amp here) and am very happy to have it alongside the Ultra :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to say: I am here and not going anywhere! I have a blast with my Ultra, although using only it's effects now (the preamps have been taken over by a tube and SS preamps in the loop, and the IRs, as you might have guessed, are now all Redwirez and Ownhammer). Ultra's connectivity, however, makes miracles for my setup and it's, out of any doubt, the quietest unit out there, so yeah, I'm having a blast!!! Greetings!

axe 1 for over 5.5 years, still sounds good & zero "gas" to upgrade to the 2.
The same here! One thing I surely can't understand: the urge of some guys that have one of the two major units, Kemper or Axe, and they bought the other, so now they have two digital units and zero analogue. I don't think I would ever do that--I always will have analogue (tube and solid state) preamps in my sound chain.

I've been busy practicing/writing lately, so it doesn't leave me much time left to tweak. But I'll be back at it pretty soon. Still, I would love to see something like this happen. At least we would know that all the patches are fresh and still available. I always get a bummer when I hear a great sounding patch demo and then the patch itself is not online anymore. But it would be good to have a standard presentation form, to keep it organized. Something like...

Patch Name: Vaelthunder Rhythm
Original Tweaker: Vaelthunder
Based On (If Applicable): Atomshipped Rhythm
Type: High Gain Rhythm
Suitable For: Metal / Death Metal / ...
Custom IR (If Applicable): With download link, when possible.

... Anything else?
Cheers

Yeah dude sounds awesome. Maybe sound clips could be substituted for type/suitable for, and custom IR will only be listed & uploaded if one is used. If we get a solid thread running I think people can figure it out too.

Yeah dude sounds awesome. Maybe sound clips could be substituted for type/suitable for, and custom IR will only be listed & uploaded if one is used. If we get a solid thread running I think people can figure it out too.

Sounds great! But I would at least keep one of those fields, because if you're looking for something specific (ex. Spacial Delay) you wouldn't have to try all the sound clips.

Anyone cares to start this? I could do it, but right now I'm not near my axe to start the thread with some juicy patches... Let's see how it rolls :) Cheers

What happened to all the Standard/Ultra patches that were on the original Axe-Change?

From what I can tell as long as you have the forum setting to show "all" threads (in the pull down menu that allows you to filter dates when threads were started) you can find basically everything that was ever posted. I, personally, have a folder on my computer with 650MBs worth of patches and IRs. According to the Axe-Change web site's rules I would violate it's policy to post any of it, so that's why the current Axe-Change web site is total sh*te for Ultra/Standard users. Things can still be posted on the forum (other than IRs that were part of a retail package).

Johnny Two Tone, why don't you post those 650 MB as a zip somewhere on one of the file sharing sites, and then send me a Private Message with the download link? Please?:)

^You know what? I just might do that. But, first I need to sift through the whole thing to figure out what's what so it's not just a huge mess of files that don't make sense (according to the file manager the folder contains over 30,000 files). When that's done you'll be the first to know - just don't hold your breath ;)

I'm an ultra user. Still searching for great tone. I'm actually still searching so I went from tubes to ss amps now waiting for fr set up. I'm with you buddy. I just started putting a filter into my chain and it really helped bring tone out of my patch. I always see people using mixer boards and wonder if that can clean up sound and allow tone to really come thru. I totally know your issue, but it's definately better than playing thru a reg amp.

You don't need luck, the forum, the wiki and a bit of trial an error will probably get you there :)

Jens

I'm a happy Ultra owner. Although if someone can get me a link to download an Axe_FX_0_9_191 I'd be really, really happy! I had a minor computer disaster with a faulty backup and I need to reload it. I have a version of 1.0.272 but I can't get it to download. Most people say that 9.191 is better and it's worked OK for me. I also have a version of 0.9.171 but it doesn't allow for the 00 01 74 sys id. Perhaps if I played with an Axe FX II I'd like it better, but I have no need at this time. Perhaps someday I'll buy a used one. Maybe. There are still lots of Ultra features I haven't played with.

I'm a happy Ultra owner. Although if someone can get me a link to download an Axe_FX_0_9_191 I'd be really, really happy! I had a minor computer disaster with a faulty backup and I need to reload it. I have a version of 1.0.272 but I can't get it to download. Most people say that 9.191 is better and it's worked OK for me. I also have a version of 0.9.171 but it doesn't allow for the 00 01 74 sys id. Perhaps if I played with an Axe FX II I'd like it better, but I have no need at this time. Perhaps someday I'll buy a used one. Maybe. There are still lots of Ultra features I haven't played with.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/g22ehg9t5bjbplq/Axe-Edit_Setup_1_0_191.exe

+1, using my Ultra for FX only with various tube preamps and a Two Notes Torpedo CAB, a job in which the Ultra excels at no doubt (best guitar fx box excepting the Axe II ever!).

Just to say: I am here and not going anywhere! I have a blast with my Ultra, although using only it's effects now (the preamps have been taken over by a tube and SS preamps in the loop, and the IRs, as you might have guessed, are now all Redwirez and Ownhammer). Ultra's connectivity, however, makes miracles for my setup and it's, out of any doubt, the quietest unit out there, so yeah, I'm having a blast!!! Greetings!

After years of not getting the sounds i want out of my 2007 Axe fx standard going frfr i tried it trough the fx loop of combo tube amp a couple of weeks ago and it sounded pretty good. So since i still think this kind of digital modeling is the future i am going to order a gt1000fx amp with nl212 speakers to get the same experience i got with the tube amp. I hope to get an axe fx ii/iii and maybe a good frfr cab in the future. But for now i am back with my frist gen Axe fx and wondering around on this forum.
Greetz,

Back
Top Bottom