Call Me Slow To This Game...

pull75

Inspired
Is the AX8 basically the Axe FX and controller all put into one unit? Kind of like a POD on steroids? This is not a question of which is better... Fractal always wins. Just wondering if it's the same modeling as the axe fx including amps, cabs etc. or just the effects with no amps included...

Is the AX8 basically the Axe FX and controller all put into one unit? Kind of like a POD on steroids? This is not a question of which is better... Fractal always wins. Just wondering if it's the same modeling as the axe fx including amps, cabs etc. or just the effects with no amps included...

IT has the same amps and cabs capabilities of the Axe-FX II BUT you are limited to ONE amp block and ONE Cab block. Effects are ALMOST the same. Tone Match block is NOT present in the Ax8. You can still import TM blocks and other blocks from the AXE-FX.

If you haven't already, put yourself in the waitlist if you are even thinking about getting one..

Good luck!

Omar

So basically it does everything the Axe Fx does and more except tone match which I don't use...?
Can you import axe fx 2 patches? If so I don't see a reason to keep my axe fx 2 when I could sell it and buy the AX8

Last edited:
Visit the Fractal Wiki too for more comparison.

As you can imagine this question (how does the AX8 compare to the Axe-FX) has been discussed quite a bit recently so you will find no shortage of information on this forum and via other sources.

Depending upon how much of the Axe-FX's capabilities you use the AX8 may be good for you but there are are some specific differences that may make it less than optimal for you. You'll need to read, think and decide for yourself. Good luck.

Last edited:

Yes, its a floor version of the Axe Fx... It doesn't have everything the Axe II has, but it does all the amps, cabs, and 90% of the FX. The FX-8 is the pedal with just the Fractal FX in it. Fractal doens't make just an amp sim pedal.

Back
Top Bottom