Calibrating EXP Pedal with AXE FX II

I recently bought a dunlop volume x pedal for a different pedal board but I would like to use this pedal as another expression pedal in addition to my FCB midi foot controller.

I hooked up the dunlop via quarter inch cable to the back of the axe fx where it says pedal 1.

I know I go to I/O and from there I can calibrate the pedal. However I don't know how to set any effect I want to the dunlop.

I use the expression pedals that came with the FCB midi controller and when I set an effect to those pedals I know they're listed as External 1 and 2.

But I want to use this dunlop as a third External pedal but when I set this pedal via axe edit to external 3, it doesn't do anything.

Can anyone help me?

TRS is a 1/4" cable with 2 black bands around the end. Otherwise it looks like a guitar cable. It has an extra wire in it compared to a guitar cable. TRS means "tip ring sleeve". That's where the 3 wires are connected to the plug. A guitar cable is TS which is "tip sleeve".

The other key point is that this is not considered an "external" pedal because it is connected to the expression pedal jack, not coming in via a midi foot controller.

I'm not in front of my Axe Fx right now, so I can't tell you the correct setting. I'm sure someone will chime in :)

Back
Top Bottom