Not a Bug Calibrating an Expression Pedal Question

TechTone

I’ve connected a Boss FV-500L expression pedal to my FC12 and gone through the calibration procedure as per the user manual. Looking at the Expression Pedal property’s (as a Modifier for a Volume block) I see the pedal only swing from 0 - 8.98 (Heel is full off however Toe doesn’t hit 10…full volume)
What am I missing?
Thx

Are you sure you calibrated the pedal, and not some other jack that doesn’t have a pedal connected?

Are you using a TRS cable? Did you double check every step? Exactly which pedal setting did you calibrate?

We know the system works great so it’s very unlikely to be a bug.

Hi @Rex and @Greg Ferguson, appreciate your help.
I wasn't clear in my original post ....my expression pedal is working (as a volume control in a Volume block) but I can't get it to hit "10" when I go full toe. I do get full off or "0" when I press full heel)
Yes, I'm using a TRS to TRS 1/4" cable.
Expression pedal is connected to the FC12 "PEDALS #1" Input.
Following the Axe-FXIII Owner's Manual (v. March 2022) page #12 to the letter.
Pedal Type is set to CONTINUOUS, went to Calibrate pedal and pressed Enter. The AxeFXIII on screen prompt said "Move pedal #1 through a range of motion" and press Enter = Finished.
Note: the little on screen Pedal #1 Pre-cal & Post-cal level meters are NOT moving in this I/O, PEDAL calibration screen (?)
When I go into Axe Edit and bring up the Edit Modifier window for the Volume block, I see the little dot on the curve go up and down as I rock the pedal. It goes fully off (heel=0) but it only goes to 8.98 when Im pressing full toe. I would assume a calibrated expression pedal would top out at 10 for full toe....?
Thanks

You're on the wrong menu. Calibrate the pedal in the FC Controllers menu > Remote page instead. The calibration in the I/O menu is only for the pedal inputs on the back of the Axe III. Since your pedal is plugged into the FC-12, you need to use the process outlined in the FC-12 manual instead.

Last edited:
You're on the wrong menu. Calibrate the pedal in the FC Controllers menu > Remote page instead. The calibration in the I/O menu is only for the pedal inputs on the back of the Axe III. Since your pedal is plugged into the FC-12, you need to use the process outlined in the FC-12 manual instead.
Bingo.

@TechTone, you're calibrating a different jack that doesn't have a pedal connected. If you don't see motion on the screen when you're calibrating, you're not calibrating. :)

Hi @Rex and @Greg Ferguson, update!
When I connect my expression pedal directly to the Expression #1 (or #2) inputs of the AxeFXIII I can get it to calibrate. I see the AxeFXIII screen level meters respond.
I then assigned the AxeFXIII Pedal #1 to my volume block and I get 0-10 response. Perfect.....other than my pedal will be connected via the FC12.
Is there a way to calibrate the same pedal from the FC12 Expression Input #1?
I don't see this in either manual?
Thanks

That's it....Thanks

Back
Top Bottom