CAE RS-10

Dday

Anyone tried it with the Axe-Fx? I've got an extra one, and thought if it worked well with it that would save me ordering/waiting the MFC-101.

Dday

As a matter of fact I got the RS-10 Mk-II today and I found it refreshingly simple to set up and use.

1) Assign presets to the buttons.
2) Assign controller # to the buttons in/for IA mode.
3) Turn off effects/functions on the Axe.
4) Turn on desired functions for a given preset.

And done. Switch between preset mode and IA mode with the mode button - kind of like Reveal on the MFC. I had the Liquid Foot Jr before, and albeit much more flexible, I found the simplicity of the RS-10 much welcome.

Took me about 20 minutes to set up for 20 presets.

I've got the straight RS-10 and a RS-10 w/expander. I know it wouldn't be as flexible as the MFC, but like you said...simpler. Presets and IA's are what I'll be using mainly, and I'm guessing I can use the RS-10 exp ports for Vol and wah, and the ports on the Axe itself for tap tempo and anything else. One other question...are you able to supply power to your RS from the Axe?

Thanks!
Dday

Yes, power through the Axe works. I also use an IA for tap-tempo. Worked at first try, took me forever on the LF.

North said:
Yes, power through the Axe works. I also use an IA for tap-tempo. Worked at first try, took me forever on the LF.

I don't think the IA on the standard RS10 can be set-up for tap tempo. Not 100%, but I'll do some research. Thanks again for the replies!

Back
Top Bottom