CAE 3+ and JMP-1 model question

JerEvil

Inspired
so since these are preamps, how do you get the tube power amp voicing on these? I guess the same applies for the Bogner Fish models.

First give my "newb-ness" but I have not used any Fractal gear previously.

I dont know for those but I know Cliff use a Mesa 2:90 to do the Triaxis, I guess he use the same brand power amp to to those.
he did not use mesa to do triaxis, as far as I know. I have a friend who specifically wanted the mesa modeled and was upset Cliff used a VHT I believe. In fact some believe this is the missing formula in the axe, the 'baked in' power amps. I personally think this is a bit picky and would prefer power amps be a neutral aspect.

he did not use mesa to do triaxis, as far as I know. I have a friend who specifically wanted the mesa modeled and was upset Cliff used a VHT I believe. In fact some believe this is the missing formula in the axe, the 'baked in' power amps. I personally think this is a bit picky and would prefer power amps be a neutral aspect.
Would be awesome to have separate power amp and preamp models to combine ...

Check the wiki for amp models. The info is in there about which power amp was used for the preamps.

Also, probably in the amp model guide put together by @yek .

Triaxis is modeled with a VHT power amp, JMP-1 with the JCM 800 power amp, X88/X99 with the SLO power amp. Being able to use separate pre/power amps (in a similar way to bring able to swap different tone stacks or tube types) would be a fun feature.

Well you can change the poweramp tubes so it dosen't really matters which poweramp is model! JMP-1 comes with an EL34 poweramp so swap those for 6L6 if you want a tone close to what a VHT PA would give you and so on with all the other tubes options!

Well you can change the poweramp tubes so it dosen't really matters which poweramp is model! JMP-1 comes with an EL34 poweramp so swap those for 6L6 if you want a tone close to what a VHT PA would give you and so on with all the other tubes options!
Between this, negative feedback, bias, sag and all the other advanced power amp parameters I'm sure you could get in the ballpark of whatever you're looking for.

so since these are preamps, how do you get the tube power amp voicing on these? I guess the same applies for the Bogner Fish models.

First give my "newb-ness" but I have not used any Fractal gear previously.

The bottom line is all the amp models have a virtual power amp sim built in.

In fact, requests for separate pre and power amp models are an obvious and recurring wish that gets a "no go from the get go" answer :)

The lovely thing about the Axe is that diving into the advanced parameters essentially lets you modify and create custom amps based on what you like too.

The lovely thing about the Axe is that diving into the advanced parameters essentially lets you modify and create custom amps based on what you like too.
Man I predict (since I know what NONE of those functions do) I will crest some god awful noise!!! LOL!

So I can take a Splawn Quick Rod, adjust the plate voltage and swap the power tubes to KT88's? And potentially even make it sound good?

My Splawn QR with Low B+ option has been my go-to amp for the last 4 years. I made some decent Kemper profiles (one of which someone made into a AxeII preset somehow) of the amp and it was damn close. The actual amp has EL34's but always wanted a KT version.

Would love to match it in the AX8.

Well, sounding good is an option if that's what you want :p I've played the Nitro with KT88's and it roars, so I imagine the QR would have similar results.

One of my favourite "mods" in the Ultra was running the 800 model with a Plexi tone stack; I haven't tried it in the AX8 yet but it's a pretty cool variation on the modded Marshall thing.

The bottom line is all the amp models have a virtual power amp sim built in.

In fact, requests for separate pre and power amp models are an obvious and recurring wish that gets a "no go from the get go" answer :)
To me, switching out the tone stacks is like having separate pre and power amps. I can take a 5153 red and use the Engl tone stack and it's a new amp. I love the AxeFx .

I am really very excited to get this thing here. I expect Friday (Lord willing) will be a VERY long night getting set up for Saturday's gig.

Long Night? You will be messing WAY longer than that, lol. You will be able to get something set pretty quick for your gig though. Use the preset Exchange as a starting point.

Back
Top Bottom