CAB's sound better than my speaker cabinets?

deakle

Experienced
Hi all - I am a nooby, so I hope this is not a dumb question. I am using an Axe-FX II with a Carvin DCM1540L power amp and 2 Carvin 2x12 speaker cabinets loaded with Celestion Vintage 30 speakers. I am in the process of setting up my Axe-FX and have been tweaking with the loaded patches. One thing that I have noticed is that most of the loaded patches sound better (at least to my ears) with the CAB simulation on rather than off. Has anyone else experienced this? Am I doing something wrong or is there a way that I can tweak my settings to achieve the same type sound through my speaker cabs with the CAB simulation off, maybe tweak the EQ?

I know others who use cab sims into guitar speakers, including at least one multi-platinum artist on our roster.
I wouldn't do it (as you suggest, I'd EQ to taste) but hey, whatever works.

I've been using cab sims w EVM12L's. I usually pick good sounding neutral IR's and mix the cab.
I like it, I just don't pick overbearing cab IR's.

I've run into the same thing. Like it has been stated, you're doing nothing wrong. If it sounds good, it is good. (I think I'm quoting Scott Peterson...it was bound to happen sooner or later...)

Back
Top Bottom