CABs + PA vs. Active FRFR Speakers -FXloop OUTPUT 2 VOLUME DIFF!!

So, hard to come up with a short title for this, but what i mean is that there are MAJOR Volume differences between using Cabs + PA and using Active FRFR Speakers from the FXLOOP. When I use cabs, the output 2 volume knob is full throttle (100%, what goes in is what comes out) but when I use my Mackie HD1221's in the FXLOOP I have to turn the FXLOOP Block's volume/level all the way down (-20) otherwise it is just WAAAYYYY to loud and extremely sensitive when I adjust the front panel output volume knob.

My question is why? Am i doing something wrong?

I need the FXLOOP so that I can have independent control of output1 and output2.

When you say you're using Cabs + PA, do you mean you're using the Cab block and sending to a PA?

If you want the same sound (amp, effects, etc) coming out of both Output1 and Output 2, don't use the FXLoop block. Go to the I/O settings and just have Output 2 copy Output 1. This will allow independent volume control for both Output knobs, but they'll output the same signal.

Have you looked at the gain staging on the inputs of the two different systems your connecting the outputs too ?

On my Atomic CLR for example, there is an input gain knob. Turn that down a bit and even with the Axe output turned up loud, its a reasonable volume. At the same time, if I crank the input gain on the CLR, its rip your head off loud with the volume barely up at all on the Axe output.

When you say you're using Cabs + PA, do you mean you're using the Cab block and sending to a PA?

If you want the same sound (amp, effects, etc) coming out of both Output1 and Output 2, don't use the FXLoop block. Go to the I/O settings and just have Output 2 copy Output 1. This will allow independent volume control for both Output knobs, but they'll output the same signal.
No I mean actual CABS powered by a Matrix 1000GTFX. But thats badass i didn't even think of that. I might use it, It's not really that big of a deal to use the FXloop block though just in case I wanna use CABS or other patches that involve the FXloop block so i don't have to toggle between settings. thanks!

Have you looked at the gain staging on the inputs of the two different systems your connecting the outputs too ?

On my Atomic CLR for example, there is an input gain knob. Turn that down a bit and even with the Axe output turned up loud, its a reasonable volume. At the same time, if I crank the input gain on the CLR, its rip your head off loud with the volume barely up at all on the Axe output.

Ya, I have vol knobs on back of my Mackies they are only at halfway. I just thought it was weird how MUCH louder it was.

Do your Mackies have a Mic/Line switch at the input? If so, set them to 'Line'

This worked like a charm! thanks!

Back
Top Bottom